Payload Aerospace, S.L (PLD Space) - Boosting the small satellite industry. e develop launch technologies to provide commercial orbital and suborbital access services , dedicated to small payloads and small satellites.
In this position you will predict aerodynamic environments, in ascent and re-entry phase, while providing design solutions for MIURA 1 and MIURA 5 launch vehicles. This position implies occasional travels to Teruel and Huelva.
- Building Computational Fluid Dynamic meshes for aerodynamic force and moment predictions (including creating geometries, meshing, running simulations, validating, and post processing output information).
- Analyse External Aerodynamics of Launch Vehicles and Optimize Launch Vehicles’ geometries from a fluidic perspective.
- Correlation of Flight Test Data and wind tunnel test data to CFD Models.
- Contribute performing heat transfer and associated aerothermodynamics analysis on various mission phases, including atmospheric re-entry scenarios.
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or related discipline.
- Minimum of 7+ years of industry experience.
- Experience and proficiency working with commercial CFD software, such as ANSYS
- Experience with spacecraft aerothermodynamic simulations.
- Experience with re-entry aerothermodynamics analysis and simulations.
- Experience with coupled fluid-structure-thermal interaction calculations.
- Experience with structural load estimation and calculation via CFD analysis.
- Knowledge of Thermal Modelling and Simulation tools.
- Proficiency with programming languages, such as Matlab.
- Help selecting proper sensor and data acquisition systems for capturing aerodynamic data and model correlation.
- Knowledge of CFD best practices and troubleshooting.
- Clear communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Experience with Wind Tunnel Testing is a plus.
- Experience with Unsteady and Transient Aerodynamic Simulations is a plus.
- Experience with steady-state and transient simulations is a plus.
- Experience with reactive flows, injection, and atomization processes is a plus.
- 7+ years’ experience with Computer Fluid Dynamics (CFD) software.
- 7+ years’ experience with CAD software, preferred Siemens NX.
- Experience in thermal