Senior/Staff Digital Hardware Engineer – FPGA
Partnering with you to bring innovative products to life.
Global leaders in complex product design, manufacturing, supply chain and aftermarket services.
Since 1979, Plexus has been partnering with companies around the world to transform their concepts into branded products and deliver them to the market. We’re a global force of over 19,000 team members who draw inspiration from solving your most complex product challenges. At Plexus, we’re dedicated to providing you with a seamless product realization experience with customer service like you’ve never seen in the electronics manufacturing industry.
As a Digital Design Engineer Senior at Plexus Engineering Solutions (Penang Design Center), you will design and develop electronic hardware for products across a wide range of industries. This role collaborates with talented software, mechanical, quality, manufacturing and test engineers throughout all phases of the product development life cycle – from idea and conceptualize; through requirements, design, and development; to manufacturing transition and into the market.
- Architect and design electronic digital circuitry for industrial, healthcare/life sciences, and aerospace/defense market sectors
- Demonstrate proficiency with HDL languages (i.e. VHDL, SystemVerilog) to model hardware behavior
- Proficient in synthesis, timing analysis/closure, and place and route using Vivado and/or Quartus
- Impement fully self-checking test benches with directed and constrained random test cases
- Optimize FPGA pinouts and oversee PCB layouts of FPGA supporting circuitry
- Collaborate with a team of other digital, analog, software, mechanical, and system engineers to review and improve hardware designs
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Engineering is almost always required for this position.
- Bachelor’s degrees in Electrical or Bio-medical related Engineering fields will be considered if strong
- Computer Engineering background can be shown
- Industry experience requirements vary depending on the level applied for.
- For Senior level and above – Minimum 5 years of experience is required.
- For Staff Level 7+ years of experience is required