ABB is a leading global technology company that energizes the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. By connecting software to its electrification, robotics, automation and motion portfolio, ABB pushes the boundaries of technology to drive performance to new levels.
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
We are seeking you to enhance our Global Motion Research team working for Control and Analytics Technology Area. Team responsibility is research and technology development in automated approaches for extracting information and generating value from data recorded from systems, devices and sensors. This requires modern Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence approaches as well as robust electronics and low power embedded platforms for industrial applications Condition monitoring, where the acquired data is used to establish the current and future health of an asset, represents a prime example of the type of application that the developed data analytics will be applied to.
This position reports to
R&D Department Manager
- Applied research and technology development in analytics of various ABB products and systems
- Work closely with other skilled scientists and be a key member in developing new products and solutions
- In addition, the Motion Research Scientist will be a member of ABB analytics community, which solves unique data collection and analysis request in various phases of product life cycle
- Candidates should have a degree at least at masters level (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Electrical, Mechanical, Electronics or Control Engineering (or closely related field), Applied Mathematics or Physics
- Data analytics skills, for example in one or more of the fields of Reliability Engineering, Soft Computing, Probabilistic Computing, Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence and Statistics;
- Strong command of the English language and excellent communication skills;
- Experience with hardware lifetime testing (ALT, HALT)
- Development of C/C++ applications for embedded systems
- Knowledge and experience spanning multiple disciplines (e.g., electrical, electronics, mechanical, control, statistics and signal processing) will be an asset
- Proven experience in working with data analysis for electrical drives and motors, will be an asset
- Familiarity with Matlab, Python and/or R programming languages will be an asset
• Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology. • Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment. • Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills. • Private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance. • Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program. • Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities. ABB Data Privacy Statement: https://new.abb.com/privacy-notice/candidate
Publication ID: PL82573325_E1