“Agnikul” is a derivative of the Sanskrit word - “Gurukul” and it could be interpreted to mean “a place where people learn to use fire”. We are a group of enthusiasts, rocket scientists, engineers, programmers, lawyers, and more - all of us just love enabling space accessible to everyone!
We strongly prefer working with individuals who are passionate about aerospace and are willing to work with us for the long term.
WHAT IT TAKES
- If you end up saying “SMPS me” instead of “SMS me” when you want someone to message you – this is for you.
- If you understand jokes like “Life is a bunch of bucks and boosts” – this is for you.
- If you wished MOSFET’s were current controlled devices or BJTs are voltage controlled devices – this is definitely for you.
- Create the fundamental power electronics architecture and associated software and hardware systems for Agnikul’s vehicle.
- Contribute engineering expertise in design, study, and testing of DC-DC power converters for harsh environments.
- Deliver on power system and sub-system level design trades and develop requirements at a system level and a component level.
- Design DC-DC topologies and select optimal architectures and components for board level power.
- Design, handle and test systems with lithium-ion battery with due respect for their safety, and usage.
- Design AC-DC converters for both flight and ground systems.
- Design extremely compact AC-DC converters with a special focus on mechanical design.
- Bachelors / Master’s degree in electrical engineering, power systems or electronics engineering or any degree that enhanced your ability to model and deal with power electronics.
- Ability to work long hours and weekends as needed..
- Experience in modeling, simulation, and testing of power electronics.
- Working experience in voltage and current mode control and compensator.
- Familiarity with power supply testing and packaging for harsh environments.
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed..
What you could take away?
- You might have designed one of the most compact electric drives in the world!
- Your work will directly impact the company’s (and the rocket’s) trajectory.
- You will learn rocket science from some of the most senior and respected minds in ISRO.
- You will work on shaping space policy in India.
- You will dirty your hands in a global supply/chain optimization problem.
If interested, please send your resume in PDF format and a 3 line email describing – who you are, why you want to apply to Agnikul and something interesting about yourself. Send resumes to email@example.com