We pioneer discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely.
What You’ll Do:
- Apply innovative design techniques to create defense-oriented, cutting-edge electronic systems.
- Work in a fast-paced team environment on a variety of R&D, proof of concept, and production programs.
- Design digital hardware including FPGA development. Assignments will include schematic capture and hands-on lab debug of high speed digital systems.
- Gain exposure to a wide variety of design and technology areas supporting tactical RF, antenna, and imaging systems.
- Verify functionality of high-speed (Gigahertz+) interfaces on designs.
- Design and implement test fixtures including test plans for both chip-level and board level environments and create reusable circuits that can be utilized across multiple projects.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company.
- Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 12 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Strong circuit design, documentation and implementation of high-speed digital electronics, FPGAs, and embedded processor systems.
- Experience in signal and power integrity analysis of digital/FPGA designs.
- Experience with design, analysis, and layout of PCBs with high-speed digital line rates of 1+Gb/s is a plus.
- Experience in developing specifications, and resource requirements for digital/FPGA designs.
- Background with tactical military platforms and hardware is a plus.
- Familiarity with PCIe, Ethernet, DSP, 1553, VPX, Infiniband is a plus.
- Familiarity with OrCAD CIS for schematic design is a plus
- Expertise with Hyperlynx for signal integrity analysis is a plus
- Ability to work requirements and flow down for system/subsystem/box/board needs.
- Digital system partitioning and function implementation in FPGAs and simulation is a plus.
- Experience with Xilinx FPGAs and SoCs, Vivado, and multi-gigabit transceivers is a plus.
- Designing for tactical environments (temperature, shock, vibration) is a plus.
- Familiarity with RF sampling and SW defined radio is a plus.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong presentation skills.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance or government customer access to classified/sensitive material. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance or government customer access within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. *US Citizenship is Required. By applying to this position you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire, if one is required, to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.