Principal Electronics Manufacturing Engineer I
At CesiumAstro, we are developers and pioneers of out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms.
Please Note: To conform with the United States Government Space Technology Export Regulations, the applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., conditional resident, asylee or refugee (protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
At CesiumAstro, we are developers and pioneers of out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms. We take pride in our dynamic and cross-functional work environment, which allows us to learn, develop, and engage across our organization. If you are looking for hands-on, interactive, and autonomous work, CesiumAstro is the place for you.
We are looking to add a Principal Electronics Manufacturing Engineer I to our team. If you are great at what you do, enjoy working in a startup environment, and are passionate about developing leading-edge manufacturing processes for high-reliability, high-volume satellites, we would like to hear from you.
In this position, you will be responsible for the manufacturing of Cesium’s diverse array of electronic assemblies for satellites and other aerospace platforms. Cesium partners with contract manufacturers (CMs) to fabricate and assemble our products; as such, you will serve as Cesium’s in-house expert and primary point-of-contact for our CMs. Day-to-day responsibilities range from highly technical manufacturing analysis and design – such as choosing solder chemistries and root-causing non-compliances – to administrative functions like supplier review and process documentation.
As a principal engineer, you will work closely with the engineering team, program management, and external contract manufacturers to industrialize space products for a growing market that combines the rigor of space with the scale of commercial electronics. Principal engineers also serve as technical and professional mentors in their field.
Successful candidates will require, as a minimum:
- A Bachelor of Science (BS) with 7+ years of experience, a Master of Science (MS) degree with 5+ years of experience, or a higher degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Experience with Design for Manufacturability (DFM) of electronics hardware.
- Knowledge of industry standards such as IPC-A-610 and J-STD-001.
- Experience with change management, nonconformance documentation, root cause analysis, corrective action systems, and acceptance criteria.
- Experience with cost analysis, managing suppliers, and configuration management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with statistical process control.
- Experience in aerospace or other high-reliability industries.
- Proficiency with PLM and ERP software.
- Proficiency in AS9100/ISO9001 quality management system requirements.
- Proficiency in lean manufacturing methodologies.
- Experience successfully tackling multiple high-priority tasks.
CesiumAstro considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training, and key skills. We also provide generous benefits and stock option packages to all our employees.
CesiumAstro, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.