RUAG Space is part of the international RUAG group which is active in the fields of Aerospace and Defence and employs more than 9,000 employees worldwide. We are Europe’s largest, independent supplier to the aerospace industry. In Switzerland, Sweden, Austria, Finland, Germany and in the USA we develop, produce and test subsystems and components for Space applications. Heritage, flexibility and outstanding reliability make RUAG Space the partner of choice for producers of satellites and the launch services industry all over the world.
The Principal Systems Engineer will be responsible for electrical systems and detailed design of high reliability electronic systems ranging from Single Board Computers (SBC) to electronic system hardware for satellite platforms. The successful individual in this role must be a creative, solutions oriented engineer and take charge of developing innovative concepts and architectures.
- Provides design trades and system architectures and concepts for electronic space products
- Feel comfortable in working with customers and developing electronic performance requirements
- Must be able to leading multi-disciplinary teams
- This position reports to the Director of Electronic Product Group
- This position my require travel (25% or less)
- Must be experienced in developing analog and digital interfaces like 422, 1553, SpW, etc.
- Must have knowledge of Digital Signal Processing (DSP) and FPGA development for space hardware
- Support proposal development activities for the Electronic Product Group
- BS degree or higher in Aerospace/System Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 12 or more years related space experience.
- Must have outstanding technical writing and communication skills
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR).Therefore, all applicants must be U.S.Persons as defined in ITAR 120.15 (e.g., U.S.Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card holder) or protected individual.Also see 8 U.S.C.1101(a)(20) and 8 U.S.C.1324b(a)(3) for additional information). RUAG Space USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.We are constantly setting the benchmark with outstanding products, services and one-stop-shop solutions.Whether on the ground, in the air or in space and for civil and military applications, we work both independently and together with international partners to drive forward technological advancements and help make the world a safer place