Spaceopal is the prime service operations contractor for the European Galileo Satellite Navigation System and manages all Galileo Service Operations. The awarded European Commission (EC) contract to Spaceopal is more than just its satellites in space. Galileo Service Operations will provide high-quality positioning, navigation and timing services to users across the whole world as a civil-controlled service with guaranteed continuity of coverage.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Procurement & Sales Officer supports the Procurement & Sales Director by executing all management and organisational tasks in the life cycle of procurements and sales activities, including changes to already implemented contracts, in particular:
organization, preparation and negotiation of proposals, preparation of request for proposals, evaluation of lower tier proposals, negotiation and awarding of contracts as well as to actively monitor, document, control and report the status of ongoing processes.
- Organize and prepare Proposal documentation and coordinate the inputs provided by the relevant experts (e.g. Technical, Security, PA, Finance)
- Prepare Change Requests and Requirement documentation, with the technical, legal and financial expert support
- Actively monitor and control the status of internal and external inputs, in relation to procurement activities
- Supporting evaluation of proposals and negotiation of it
- Prepare formal communications in relation to procurements, offers and contract changes
- Interface Customer and lower tier Contract Managers
- Prepare and execute tender procedures for SPO to be placed in competition, including evaluation of proposals, contract negotiations and contract awards
- Update and maintain databases/log files relevant to the procurement and sales processes
- Support the development and update of procurement and sales processes/workflows and their respective implementation
- Regularly executive reporting to the Management on status and issues
- Ensure information flow within the team
- Proposals and Contract Changes
- Change Requests incl. requirement documentation
- Change Logs
- Input to regular Reports and presentations
Required Qualification and Experience:
- University degree in a relevant field (e.g. Commercial Engineering, Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Telecommunications or Electronics), appropriate high school degree or relevant work experience
- Experience in similar activities in particular in an international environment, better if acquired in Space or Defence programs, or in highly security-sensitive commercial sectors (e.g. finance).
- Experience in a large public or industry, international technical program on system level
The job requires also:
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Fluency in Italian and/or German is appreciated even if not mandatory
- Strong attitude to team work, also leveraging resources not directly dependent on him/her
- Great communicator internally and externally, even in demanding situations
- Hands-on mentality and systematic, self-organized, able to prioritize way of working
- Fluency in standard office automation tools (MS Office, Email, Internet, etc.)
Spaceopal headquarter Munich, Germany.
It could be necessary to spend time periodically at the GCC-D (Oberpfaffenhofen, Munich, Germany) and/or at the GCC-I (Fucino, Italy). It could be necessary to participate to meetings in the above locations and in other relevant project locations in Europe.
The position is full time.