Mission critical solutions through the right technology, strategic partnerships and an international presence
Would you like to be part of our Terma Space Team in France working on an exciting ESA project in Toulouse? As a Product Assurance Support Manager you would work at the customer premises on the ARIEL space project.
ARIEL – Atmospheric Remote-sensing Infrared Exoplanet Large-survey – is designed to measure the spectrum of a large population of known transiting planets in our galaxy and the launch is planned in 2029. An off-axis telescope should collect infrared light from distant star systems and is planned to focus it onto a spectrometer, as the planet passes in front or behind its sun. This spreads the light spectrum and extracts chemical fingerprints of planets’ atmospheric gasses.
This is a full-time position, located at our customer site in Toulouse, France. You will contribute your support during the implementation phase of the Ariel Project. The support for the specific tasks covers the:
- M&P support for ARIEL Platform
- EEE components support for ARIEL Platform
- Product assurance for ARIEL Platform.
Your activity encompasses (among others) the following tasks:
M&P (Management and Equipment) Support Tasks:
- Support the Equipment procurement team and the Project for the design, Qualification and Manufacturing Equipment Review on M&P topics
- Perform and Manage the MPCB at equipment subcontractor premise
- Support the equipment subcontractor to perform the MPCB at lower-tiers premises
- Check and approve the DML/DMPL and DPL of equipment subcontractor and lower-tiers (qualification status, procurement specifications, outgassing datas…) for all technical domains like SMT, Welding, bonding, surface treatment…
- Contribute to approve RFA/Test Plan/Test report from equipment subcontractor and provide it to the Airbus M&P Manager for approval
- Contribute to approve RFD and provide a status to the Airbus M&P Manager
- Approve the compliance to the PMP specification (supplier SOC)
- Ensure that the radiation assessment is properly addressed by the equipment subcontractor in their documentation and send the status to the Airbus M&P Manager
- Ensure that the ARIEL contamination requirement’s has been taken into account by the equipment subcontractor, assessment is properly addressed by the equipment subcontractor in their documentation and send the status to the Airbus M&P Manager
- Support and approve the risk analysis provided by the equipment subcontractor
- Validate the manufacturing flow diagram including KIP/MIP plan
- Check the applicability of the M&P alerts and warning notice alerts , provide to the Airbus M&P
EEE Support Tasks:
- Contribute to the approval of the compliance to the EEE specification (supplier SOC) : final approval at EEE Airbus level
- Identify evolutions of EEE documents and provide consequences to procurement entity & Airbus EEE manager for computation at system level (EEE requirements & rad) – when the last issue of the DCL approved by Airbus is provided
- Review of changes reported by procurement entity and Airbus EEE Manager (identification of non-qualified parts and parts used outside their qualification range in DCL, status vs SOC) – when the last issue of the DCL approved by Airbus is provided
- Identify the main critical items (evaluations, alerts, radiations, …) – when the last issue of the DCL approved by Airbus is provided
- Review & approve evaluation reports (information to be given to procurement entity and Airbus EEE manager
- Organise and perform as-designed PCBs (Parts Control Board) to approve DCL, PADs.
- To identify the obsolescence at EEE part selection and elaborate a list of EEE obsolescence
- Identification of “at risk” parts during PCB-MRR (evaluations not achieved, PADs not yet approved, procurement & post-procurement activities not achieved [LAT, RVT, DPA])
- Technical review of ESA alerts & dispositions taken by the suppliers
- Inform procurement entity about ESA and external alerts applicable to his equipment (solved or not) and analysis of suppliers’ answers and technical management
- Post MRR, organise the final PCB (when not completed) to approve the last PADs and to identify the remaining “at risk” parts.
- Based on the first as-built DCL, to check there is no missing PADs not approved, old date codes are covered by relief, and to identify the remaining “at risk” parts
- Support Airbus for Audit and EEE assessment review
- Contribute to approve the RFD (Request for Deviation), RFW (Request for Waiver) and NCR (Non-Conformance record) and provide a status to the Airbus PA & EEE managers before final acceptance
- Support the SCQM and Airbus in case of technical anomalies and non- conformances, NRB, communicate and involve the Airbus technical experts , architects when specific technical expertise is required
- Track the EEE pending/open actions at equipment level
- Check the applicability of the EEE alerts and warning notice alerts , provide to the Airbus EEE manager the associated status : template, tools to be agreed with the Airbus EEE manager
- Support the Airbus EEE manager to answer to ESA RIDS
- Fill the Airbus EEE dashboard/trackers tables (PCB, DCL, PADs status, ESA Alerts, risk and impacts)
PA/QA Support Tasks:
- Organize, implement and run product assurance and quality assurance for Platform equipment’s wrt PA Requirements for subcontractors and with the Airbus PA Manager approval
- Control of the selected subcontractors according to the Product Assurance requirements
- Prepare and attend in subcontractors project reviews and progress meetings, as necessary, in coordination with procurement engineers
- Coordinate with Airbus experts (dependability, software QA, materials & processes, components, cleanliness, configuration) as necessary during the project development to ensure implementation of the PA programme
- Review and comment the PA/QA documentation provided by the sub-contractors during subcontractor’s reviews (EQSR, PDR, CDR, QR, MRR…) and raise the relevant RIDs into the template or tool that will be defined and agreed in the frame of the ARIEL project.
- Attend equipment’s MRR, TRR, TRB, CTS (Consent to ship), DRB
- Organise and run Software PA activities with support from Airbus Software PA manager
- Support the Airbus PA Manager to answer to ESA RIDS and participate to the colocation meeting with ESA on request if considered as necessary by the Airbus PA Manager
- Identify the subcontractors for which an audit would be necessary: assessment justifying such action to be shared and agreed with the Airbus PA Manager
- Support the project for Audit review as necessary
- Provide inputs to S/C Critical Items list and S/C Risk registers that shall be submitted to the Airbus PA Manager: templates, forms and files to be agreed with Airbus
- Provide inputs to S/C qualifications status list that shall be submitted to Airbus PA Manager: templates, forms and files to be agreed with Airbus
- Provide inputs to periodic PA progress report: templates, forms and files to be agreed with Airbus
- Support the SCQM in the management of subcontractor NCRs/NRB processing. The proper NCR actions follow –up in the ESA NCR tool ( e-NCTS) shall be checked
- Contribute to approve the RFD (Request for Deviation), RFW (Request for Waiver) and NCR (Non-Conformance record) and provide a status to the Airbus PA Manager before final acceptance
- Support the procurement entity and the Airbus S/C Project, PA and System managers in case of technical anomalies and/or non- conformances and involve the Airbus technical experts, architects when specific technical expertise is required
- Track the proper actions disposition related to PA matters: pending/open/closed actions at equipment level
- Support the Airbus cleanliness engineer wrt the Contamination requirements specification for ARIEL that are applicable to subcontractors
- Support the Airbus radiation engineer wrt the radiation Hardness assurance specifications that are applicable to subcontractors
- Participate in the equipment’s Mandatory Inspection Points
- Collect Alerts and track how they are managed by the equipment’s suppliers
- Review conformance to the Product liability for equipment models delivered with ground support equipment’s and involve Airbus RAMS experts as necessary
- Fill the Airbus PA Manager dashboard/trackers tables
- Support Airbus PA Manager for equipment’s post-delivery activities
You should be available from May 2023.
What’s our company like?
We are an international company representing world class expertise, delivering complex and high-tech products and services. We value our colleagues and our meaningful contributions to securing people through advanced technology.
You will be part of the Terma Space division who is for now 50 years contributing to mission-customized software and hardware products including star trackers, test and power systems as well as services to support a number of in-orbit pioneering European scientific and Earth observation satellite missions.
The direct work is performed by ESA’s Prime Contractors premisses Airbus Defence and Space in Toulouse, France
How to succeed in this position?
We are searching for an experienced Product Assurance Support Manager with background in the space environment ideally in interplanetary missions.
- Minimum 3 years in terms of experience in Product Assurance Support Management in the space domain
- Qualifications/Certifications in Product Assurance Management and M&P support
- Knowledge of EEE documents and specifications
- Knowledge of standards ECSS-Q-ST-70, ECSS-Q-ST-60, ECSS- Q-ST-10 & ECSS-Q-ST-20
- Advanced level in English (speaking, reading and writing)
French or German speaking skills are appreciated.
Any unanswered questions?
We look forward to receiving your application and CV.
Applications will be processed continuously.
- Please note that applicants must hold all appropriate documentation and permits to work in the EU.
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their ID/passport and degree/higher education certificate. Terma will validate the certificate with the issuing authority.
- In line with AIRBUS Security Requirements, an official Certificate of Good Conduct (or equivalent) and employment reference checks will be required at commencement of employment.
The Denmark based high-tech Terma Group develops products and systems for defense and non-defense security applications, including command and control systems, radar systems, self-protection systems for aircraft, space technology, and aerostructures for the aircraft industry.
Terma A/S is headquartered at Aarhus, Denmark. Internationally, Terma has subsidiaries and operations in The Netherlands, Belgium, France, Germany, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, India, Singapore and the U.S.