iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
Description of Duties
- Assesses proposals including conceptual, methodological, operational, evaluative, and financial aspects to ensure accuracy, consistency and conformity with iMMAP criteria and procedures as well as to ensure compliance to the call for proposals’ requirements;
- Represent iMMAP in seminars/workshops and related meetings to express the interest of iMMAP;
- Assist in the management of external relations of the Country Office;
- Identify potential donors and keep up to date on their strategies and funding opportunities;
- Assist the Country Representative in the identification of new opportunities.
- Being the Line Manager of Projects managers:
- Oversee projects’ implementation, including programmatic and financial reporting as per contractual requirements;
- Supervise project managers in the MEAL activities of the different projects including development and follow up of logical frameworks, M&E plans and workplans; ensure programmatic learning.
- Oversee the preparation of visual presentations on IMMAP performance and activities for presentation to stakeholders;
- Ensure the highest quality standard in all products and services delivered by iMMAP to its partners;
- Provide coaching and mentoring to Project Managers as a means to further reinforce their project management capacity.
- Document all decisions and actions during programme implementation.
- Plan and construct the program budget
- Ensure that budgets are spent according to donor proposals and regulations.
- Monitor the spending of designated programme funds in the pre-operational phase of the program.
- Follow security protocols as laid down by the iMMAP Country Security Advisor and Global Security Advisor.
- Assist the Country Representative during meetings with external stakeholders;
- Attend inter-agency meetings and assist on any programme issues;
- Provide programme information to partner agencies, non-governmental organizations and contractors and UN agencies;
- Actively engage in public information initiatives and maintain close working relationships with UN partner agencies on public information activities;
- Any other duties as tasked by the Country Representative.
- As part of the iMMAP commitment to organizational learning, and in support of the understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, it is expected that all team members will commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit iMMAP as well as individual professional development.
Accountability to Beneficiaries
- iMMAP team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to beneficiaries of iMMAP programs, and to international standards guiding international relief and development work while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of field projects.
Consultant’s fees scale: $6,000 USD – $6,500 USD (+ expatriate packages: perdiem, monthly housing allowance)
- Teamwork Skills – Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Organizing and Quality Orientation – Ability to plan and manage work, juggle competing demands and work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Decision Making – Demonstrated ability to apply good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Communication Skill – Strong listening, spoken and written communication skills.
- Creativity and Innovation – Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to handle a wide range of management and coordination issues.
- Ability to Learn – Willingness to keep abreast of new developments.
- Advanced university degree (Masters’ Degree or equivalent) in business administration, project management, social science or related field with a minimum of two years of relevant experience;
- At least four years’ experience in programme, project management in the humanitarian and/or development sector;
- Experience in mine action highly desirable;
- Previous experience in Ukraine or Eastern Europe region highly desirable;
- Knowledge and previous experience in information management sector desirable.
- Previous experience in proposals and reports writing in the humanitarian sector;
- Computer literacy.
- Fluency in spoken and written English;
- Knowledge of Ukrainian or Russian is an asset.
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.