Honeybee Robotics is seeking a Program Manager for our Pasadena, CA facility
Responsible for technical as well as non-technical management of multiple aerospace projects, acts as project interface to the customer and organizes customer facing project reviews such as PDRs and CDRs. Leads project planning, requirements scope/change management, as well as cost and schedule compliance.
- Develop project plans. Establish appropriate planning and controls details to meet project requirements, budgets, and schedules
- Communicate and execute project plans starting with Project Kickoff
- Lead smaller projects independently and larger projects together with Systems Engineer for teams consisting of Design, Electrical, Software, Project Engineers, as well as Technicians. Lead team meetings, assign and/or record action items in agile project management tools and assure follow through
- Manage technical and project level risks, stay on top of scope changes and contractual modifications and identify & communicate corrective actions
- Organize and Lead customer Milestone Reviews such as PDRs and CDRs and assign action items as required
- Compile and present project status, schedule and budgetary EVM statistics to customers or company management as required
Required Experience, Skills and Education:
- US Person (US Citizen or Permanent Resident)
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) from an accredited university in engineering, technology management, or related field
- 5-10 years related experience in a business developing and manufacturing complex aerospace products
- NASA Flight Project Experience including NASA Life-Cycle Phases preferred but not required
- PMP certification preferred but not required
We offer excellent benefits, including; medical, dental, vision; life insurance; STD and LTD insurance; FSA/HSA, 401(k), paid holidays, vacation pay, sick leave, and tuition reimbursement.
Honeybee Robotics creates specialty robots, electromechanical flight subsystems, automated drills and other machines destined for work on Earth, Mars and beyond. We make next-generation applications a reality through creative, collaborative engineering that combines the best minds with innovative technology.
Since 1983, we have completed more than 500 advanced projects for NASA, the US Department of Defense, academia and industry. Every Martian rover since 2003, has relied on systems built by Honeybee Robotics. We continue to build unique solutions for our customers’ challenges, on Earth and in space.
Honeybee Robotics is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.