Electro Optic Systems Pty Ltd (EOS) is a leading Australian technology company operating in the space and defence markets.
Due to significant growth we are looking for Project Engineers to join our team.
EOS develops and produces high tech, complex systems for our Australian and global customers. Our rapid growth has opened opportunities for Project Engineers to join our team and oversee exciting and interesting projects in a fast paced and dynamic environment. If you like working on challenging, yet rewarding projects for a wholly owned Australian Company then we would like to hear from you.
Our Project Engineers are responsible for undertaking project management of engineering activities including Research and Development, Systems Engineering, Industrialisation, Engineering Change Management and Production Engineering. This role requires execution of all project management disciplines, including scope management, time management and scheduling, budgeting and cost management, risk management with strong communication skills for project meetings and reporting.
EOS is conducting a search for an experienced Project Manager to support EOS Defence Systems projects as required; responsible for their coordination and completion on time and within budget and scope.
This position will be responsible for managing several projects simultaneously.
- Undertake project management of engineering and development tasks.
- Work with the technical teams to ensure that the objectives for the engineering activities are met. This includes delivering the right technical solution on time and on budget.
- Develop, monitor and report progress on engineering schedules and timelines relevant to the engineering project being managed.
- Undertake risk analysis to ensure that key risks are identified, monitored and mitigated.
- Conduct regular project review meetings and provide reports on project status.
- Support the procurement of items required for the engineering project.
- You will be an experienced project engineer who has worked in multi-disciplinary environments.
- A strong communicator, you work well within teams to deliver on project commitments.
- Your understanding of developmental projects and your risk management approach will be fundamental to your success.
- You must be eligible to obtain and hold an Australian Government Security Clearance.
- Tertiary qualifications in Project Management or Engineering
- Post graduate qualifications in Project Management highly desirable.
- Minimum 3 years in a similar role
- Minimum 5 years Project Management.
Electro Optic Systems (EOS) is an ASX listed Australian technology company operating in the aerospace and defence markets. Our products incorporate advanced electro-optic applications based on EOS core technologies in software, laser, electronics, optronics, gimbals, telescopes and beam directors, and precision mechanisms.
With our headquarters in Canberra and a growing global workforce, we are experiencing exponential growth and are placed to become Australia’s leading defence and aerospace exporter.
The defence business develops and produces remotely-controlled weapon systems and ancillary products. These systems are adaptable to suit potential customer weapon inventories and comprise state of the art gimbal mounts, fire control systems and world class sensor units.
EOS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all employees.
If you are ready for positive changes in your career, please forward your resume and covering letter outlining your experience and why you believe you are the right fit for our organisation.
We may review, short-list and/or conduct interviews for this role prior to the closing date of applications, therefore we encourage the submission of early applications.
Due to Australian Government security clearance requirements for this role, you must be eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearances.