Open Cosmos delivers satellite-based solutions designed to tackle Earth’s biggest challenges. We offer our customers everything needed to bring them actionable information from space; ranging from mission development software and payload qualification kits to ready-to-launch small satellite platforms and supporting services.
Working for Open Cosmos
Aim high, go beyond! At Open Cosmos we are solving the world’s biggest challenges from space, providing businesses, governments and researchers access to more readily available information than ever before – ready for the challenge? Then read on…
Working in the Avionics Team
The Avionics team is the powerhouse of Open Cosmos’s satellite flight software, power, communications and on board computer subsystems. We provide various support around the business in these key areas getting in on the action relating to bids, product, flight ops and customers.
What will you be doing?
You’ll be at the centre of developing, implementing and testing software both on land and in orbit, ensuring Open Cosmos stays on top of technical advancements and maximises the use of technology throughout it’s software development life cycle.
You will also work on advanced on board processing and operational optimisations of the satellite fleet via automation and on board resource management, AI data processing, network optimisation, power usage optimisation, and advanced recovery scenarios.
You’ll be working with stakeholders around the business as well as taking an active role in developing your own skills. Will have worked and can show demonstrable skills in various aspects of the software project life cycle.
What you need to be successful
- We work with both agile and V-model so applied knowledge of these are essential!
- Strong knowledge of an object orientated programming language, such as C++, Java, Rust.
- A background of low level C development would be an advantage for certain projects.
- Comfortable working exclusively within a Linux-based development environment, and developing for linux platforms.
- Ability to work as part of a software team where it is important your work can be understood by other team members.
- Applied knowledge of working with automated testing and CI/CD.
- You’ll need to bring your creativity – we’re at the forefront of innovation with a huge vision for the future!