EOS is conducting a search for an experienced PROJECT MANAGER to support EOS Defence Systems projects as required; responsible for their coordination and completion on time and within budget and scope.
This position will be responsible for managing several projects simultaneously.
- Support projects to ensure that all deliverables are on time, in budget and technically correct within scope.
- Support the assessment of resource requirements and the allocation of resources for specific elements of the projects.
- Co-ordinate internal stakeholders including production and engineering groups to ensure contract milestones are achieved within specified cost and time constraints.
- Ensure that project planning, monitoring and reporting provides accurate information to enable the CEO Defence Systems to assess project performance.
- Communicate plans, needs and results to the Senior Project Manager and team as relevant.
- Deliver configuration control and compliance ensuring supporting company documentation is accurate and current.
- Undertake liaison and relationship management with EOS customers and partners necessary to deliver the projects including engagement in key or targeted customer activities.
- Participate in the preparation of tenders and proposals and the negotiation in relation to the contract.
- Sequence activities to meet delivery timelines.
- Participate in the development of specialist technical papers relating to military applications of EOS technology and capabilities.
- Engage with other senior members of the Defence Systems Division in broader organizational, workforce and strategic planning.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, sound judgement and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Experience working effectively in a collaborative environment with other internal and external technology professionals.
- Ability to influence in a matrixed organisation.
- Ability to multi-task and manage several projects simultaneously.
- Attention to detail
- Stakeholder management.
- Proven experience in project management; strong understanding of formal project management methodologies.
- Five or more years’ experience in project management is highly desirable.
- Tertiary qualifications in project management are desirable.
Electro Optic Systems (EOS) is an ASX listed Australian technology company operating in the defence and aerospace markets. Our products incorporate advanced electro-optic applications based on EOS core technologies in software, laser, electronics, optronics, gimbals, telescopes and beam directors, and precision mechanisms.
With our headquarters in Canberra and a growing global workforce, we are experiencing exponential growth and are placed to become Australia’s leading defence and aerospace exporter.
The defence business develops and produces remotelycontrolled weapon systems and ancillary products. These systems are adaptable to suit potential customer weapon inventories and comprise state-of-the-art gimbal mounts, fire control systems and world-class sensor units.
EOS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all employees.
How to Apply
If you are ready for positive changes in your career, please forward your resume and covering letter outlining your experience and why you believe you are the right fit for our organisation.
We may review, short-list and/or conduct interviews for this role prior to the closing date of applications, therefore we encourage the submission of early applications.
Due to Australian Government security clearance requirements for this role, you must be eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearances.