ATG is a leading provider of specialised engineering, scientific and technical services to the Aerospace and High Tech industries. Our headquarters is located in Noordwijk, The Netherlands and we have subsidiaries in Germany, UK and Ireland.
In this Project Manager position, you will be a team member in the SpaceLabs Business Unit; a specialised in-house Engineering and Technology development department of ATG Europe.
SpaceLabs is a highly successful and growing business based in Noordwijk, next to the Technology Center of the European Space Agency in the Netherlands. The Spacelabs division is organised in four business units:
- EngineeringLab providing Thermal and Mechanical Engineering Services and Product development,
- CompositesLab developing and providing a unique patent-pending Grid-Stiffened composite structures technology to the industry,
- VirtualLab developing VR and AR applications for technical industries, and
- MediaLab providing high-end technical visualization and animation.
Our objective is to accelerate innovation; by providing top of the line Services and Products and by developing and implementing a range of market-disrupting, ultra-performant technologies that will redefine what is possible today. The SpaceLabs Business Units have tightly integrated cross-disciplinary teams consisting of a mixed-age, ambitious and multi-disciplinary group of engineers. The working environment is dynamic, value-focused and requires a high-performance drive. We have a team culture with pragmatism, optimization-mindedness, joy and care for each other at the core.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- You will operate across the Division;
- Managing projects executed by the teams in the individual Business Units or a cooperation of Business Units. As such the nature of the project varies multi-disciplinarily between Engineering Services, Product
- Development, Technology Development and Animation Services;
- You will manage projects in service to the respective Business Unit Managers and reports to the Division manager;
- You will be involved in the preparation of offers/tenders including scoping, planning and pricing;
- For every assigned project you will be responsible for the project preparation, execution and close-out. This includes all typical areas of scope (including goals and deliverables), planning, cost and turnover (including short- and long-term planning, milestones completion and invoicing), communications (internal and external), quality, risk, procurement, project-level HR and Stakeholder management (internal and external). Several points are elaborated below;
- You will generate, together with the technical experts and management staff, a robust yet pragmatic (where necessary) work plan on the fields of scope, planning and costs;
- You will keep track of the status of tasks, deliverables, budget and schedule and will generate concise and informative reports (including typical statistics, KPI and trend analysis) to the relevant SpaceLabs Business Unit and Division managers. In doing so you will also interface with the relevant staff in the Finance department;
- You will ensure that goals and objectives are being met by monitoring and guiding the specific project team. This requires you to stay well aware of the high-level implications of technical details and communicate well with both managers and technical experts;
- You will be the formal point of contact with customers and will normally lead project reviews with the customer as well as be involved with contract negotiation and conflict resolution;
- You will actively monitor and manage customer satisfaction;
- You will stay alert for risks and both minimize and resolve issues by preventive and corrective actions on all relevant areas of Project Management. You will do this in a pragmatic yet well-controlled and collaborative effort together with the relevant Business Unit and Division managers;
- You will coordinate internal intermediate and close-out reviews, including the generation of (technical and managerial) lessons learned and feedback of the outcomes to the team and corporate knowledge base;
- You will be involved in corporate level and team level strategic development activities;
- The work will mainly be performed at the ATG Europe HQ at Noordwijk, The Netherlands. When required you will travel abroad and meet with customers, lead project reviews, trials and assist customer programmes. Especially, frequent travel to Ireland and possible multi-week placements there should be foreseen.
- Experience with Project Management along abovementioned tasks and responsibilities is required;
- A PMP (or similar) certification and experience in Agile Project Management is a strong asset;
- Experience with engineering activities and Project Management in the Aerospace industry and specifically in the Space industry are desired;
- A Masters degree in a relevant Engineering discipline, and relevant hands-on Engineering Experience is a strong asset;
- For this position you must possess both helicopter view ability and an eye for detail;
- You must be able to maintain standards and monitor quality, whilst acting with reasonable pragmatism in trading off technical and commercial aspects together with the team;
- Ability to thoroughly and reliably transform written guidelines/texts into actionable items for the team;
- You must be a diplomatic, flexible and efficient communicator across and within various levels of the organisation;
- We are looking for someone who can and is willing to be flexible in all aspects of their work in order to align with and complement the pragmatism of the team, while at the same time not decreasing the level of quality of the resulting work;
- Substantial experience with MS Excel is important;
- Experience with typical project management tools, such as MS Project is highly desirable;
- You must be capable of managing a high workload, towards personal and team health;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required;
- Fluency in the English language (spoken and written) is crucial. Good command of, or fluency in, the
- Dutch language is a strong asset. Knowledge of other European languages is an asset, with a strong interests in German and French;
- At least a rudimentary sense of humour is appreciated;
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in the EU and EEA;
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate;
- Applicants must be able to provide a recent formal statement of good conduct.
What do we offer
When you work at ATG, you will get to work on challenging and motivating projects, in high tech environments. You will get the chance to contribute to the growth of the company and hence get the chance to prove yourself and have a shot at a fast career development. You will be rewarded by a market conform salary and 40 annual days of leave including 12 public/mandatory holidays. You will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands. We expect you to develop yourself. We believe talented people are the key to our success and to enable this, every employee at ATG SpaceLabs has a personal yearly training budget and dedicated annual training leave budget on top of the ‘holidays’ leave. In case necessary, ATG eases relocation both financially and through support.