Southern Launch is developing the Whalers Way Orbital Launch Complex on the southern coastline of South Australia to address an identified emerging gap in the orbital rocket launch market.
Southern Launch is currently looking for an experienced project manager to support its commercial launch projects. This role will involve pulling together a wide array and information of resources from within the project team and external partners. You will work in close collaboration with numerous government agencies across the local, state and federal levels.
The majority of your work will be from Southern Launch’s headquarters in Adelaide but a moderate degree of travel will be expected, particularly to our launch facilities. You must be willing to work extended and/or non-standard hours as part of this role during critical periods, particularly in the lead-up to launch campaigns.
- Lead the coordination of project teams to successfully execute the launch campaigns and other related projects,
- Coordinate and lead project stakeholders
- Work alongside Southern Launch senior staff to assess, integrate and deliver requirements and deliverables from/to stakeholders
- Accountable for all aspects of project delivery, ensuring the project team achieves the required performance in terms of schedule, budget and technical requirements
- Carry out project reviews and support and/or execute phase reviews
- Ensure project resource requirements, to meet current and future needs, are identified
- Provide accurate reporting on project performance and status
- Coordinate the development of license applications (e.g. ASA, CASA, SafeWork SA) working closely with the engineering team
- Follow requirements of, and contribute knowledge and processes to, Southern Launch’s quality management system
Required Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ years managing the development and delivery of projects involving complex systems or products
- Ability to lead ongoing change to meet the continuously evolving needs of the business and customer
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Able to autonomously set priorities and goals, and adjust them as needed to meet business strategic objectives
- Experience in a position of responsibility working directly with customers and external stakeholders, and engineers
- Must have, or be eligible to obtain, NV1 or higher Australian Government Security Clearance.
Other Highly Desirable Qualifications
- Technical qualifications in aerospace or related field
- Postgraduate project management professional certifications
- Experience in managing the installation and operations at remote sites
- Experience working within large multi-organisation teams in the defence or aerospace sector
Please send your application with your resume and a 2 page cover letter describing why you are an ideal candidate for the job.