QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Job description/Person specification
A Senior Engineer in Aerospace Engineering is responsible for the efficient, safe and effective conduct of specific evaluation, test and / or trial activities. In the main, this will typically encompass Air platform Certification, Qualification, Performance and Operability domains, where Senior Engineers will provide specialist scientific or technical advice and consultation. These tasks require solution definition effort and will be delivered in an Integrated Capture (Bidding) and / or Delivery Team in accordance with the associate Project Delivery Plan.
Within the Flight Systems domain these activities will typically be conducted on a wide variety of systems, such as fuel, flying controls, integrated electrical power and propulsion systems integration etc. The role will include opportunity to work on a different aircraft platforms, ranging from Combat aircraft, Helicopters, Large Transport / Reconnaissance to Unmanned air platforms.
The individual influences decisions through advice, counsel or facilitating services to others in their area of specialisation, such that the work and performance of all teams within the area will be positively affected by the individual’s performance.
Knowledge, skills and Personal Qualities Required:
- Demonstrable evidence of having worked in and having knowledge of Aircraft / Air Platform Certification, Qualification, preferably covering Evaluation, Assessment, Test and Analysis Methods and Techniques.
- Demonstrable evidence of having worked in and having knowledge of Aircraft / Air Platform Regulatory & Legal Compliance, and Safety Regulations & Standards.
- Working knowledge of Safety techniques, processes, methods and tools and how to apply them in relation the previous domain(s).
Preferably these should have been demonstrated through working in the Military domain, although experience in similar civil aviation activities will also be considered.
- A first degree in Science or Engineering in a related subject, preferably Aeronautical and / or Mechanical Engineering;
- CEng. or equivalent, and
- 6 – 8 years relevant experience in Aerospace engineering R an equivalent, nationally recognised, professional qualification [HNC or HND], with typically over 12 years of further on the job experience and growth of key skills, working in the Aerospace Engineering domain and backed up with a demonstrable track record of achievement