About the role
QinetiQ, a leading global defence and security company, are seeking a highly motivated and talented individual to join the Aerospace Systems Engineering Team! As an Aerospace Systems Engineer at QinetiQ, you’ll have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge aerospace projects and contribute to the advancement of aviation and space technologies.
With training and hands-on learning from the team, you’ll help to provide systems engineering support to aerospace domain projects and programmes, as well as technical leadership to small scale projects (processes, methods and tools).
What will you be doing?
- To provide Systems Engineering (processes, methods and tools) Technical Leadership on a range of aerospace projects which include certification, test & evaluation, aircraft modification and systems assessment working as a partnership with Project and Programme Management
- A number of roles are available working within the UK Defence Air Sector covering a wide range of air systems including Fixed and Rotary Wing, RPAS as well QinetiQ bespoke test platforms; both new and currently fielded.
- Day-to-day leadership and management of Project and Programme engineering activities and associated technical teams to deliver complex integrated outputs that meet the Customer’s requirements
- Collaboration with Resource Management as required to assign relevant technical work tasks to suitably qualified and experienced personnel
- Ensure technical output delivered to contracted time, cost and quality;
- Ensuring consistency of technical processes, methods and tools in accordance with the QinetiQ Operating Framework together with application of ;
- Assuring the quality of engineering integrated outputs (work of all employees, contractors, and military SMEs) in accordance with authorised Technical Delivery Plans;
- Effective capture and analysis of customer requirements to generate System Requirements
- Co-ordinating technical aspects of bids including delivery planning and estimates; generating innovative technical/solutions with an associated work breakdown structure;
- Ensuring the production of appropriate Technical Delivery Plans and adherence throughout the engineering project lifecycle
- Identifying project technical risks and mitigations working with the Project Manager with their management and control
- Compliance with Operating Framework business processes and engineering governance.
What do I need?
You’ll need some of the following –
- Recognised aerospace academic qualification to HND standard or Engineering degree
- Evidence of further learning and relevant training in air systems and engineering.
- Professional Registration at Incorporated or Chartered level with an Engineering Institution
- Excellent people leadership and communication skill
- Technical experience of military and/or civil air platforms and the air vehicle life cycle
- Experience of applying system engineering toolsets
- Ability to make sound judgements on integrated engineering solutions
- Sound knowledge of engineering governance including aerospace certification and regulation
- Chartered Engineer.
- Knowledge of the UK MOD customer and MOD Procurement process
- Knowledge of relevant MAA/CAA regulations
- Knowledge and experience of applying EASA Part 21/ MAA DAOS
- Experience in developing aerospace technology
How to Apply
If you are passionate about aerospace engineering and want to make a difference in the industry, please submit your resume, cover letter, and any relevant supporting documents through our online application portal. In your cover letter, please highlight your experience and qualifications related to aerospace systems engineering.
Please note that all applicants must be eligible for SC clearance as a minimum.
UKSV National Security Vetting Solution: guidance for applicants – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Join today and contribute to the innovation and advancement of aerospace systems that shape the future of aviation exploration!
Why join QinetiQ?
As we continue to grow into new markets around the world, there’s never been a more exciting time to join QinetiQ. The formula for success is our appetite for innovation and having the courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges.
You’ll experience a unique working environment where teams from different backgrounds, disciplines and experience enjoy collaborating widely and openly as we undertake this exciting and rewarding journey. Through effective teamwork, and pulling together, you’ll get to experience what happens when we all share different perspectives, blend disciplines, and link technologies; constantly discovering new ways of solving complex problems in an diverse and inclusive environment where you can be authentic, feel valued and realise your full potential. Read more about our diverse and inclusive workplace culture here.
Joining QinetiQ offers you an opportunity to work on a broad range of interesting defence-based projects with vast career progression across a global organisation in addition to competitive personal and professional benefits. You’ll receive a highly competitive salary and benefits package: our basic salaries are very attractive as we constantly review what’s happening in the market. The range of benefits that we offer include, adaptive and flexible working, generous holiday entitlements, Health Cash Plan, Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance and much more.
As a company of over 6,000 dedicated professionals, we are a world-centre of excellence in research and development and act as a catalyst for fast-track innovation, offering outstanding experimentation facilities, and technical, engineering and scientific expertise. QinetiQ is made up of dedicated experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets, all working together to explore new ways of protecting what matters most. Being part of QinetiQ means being central to the safety and security of the world around us. Partnering with our customers, we help to save lives; reduce risks to society; and maintain the global infrastructure on which we all depend. Come and find out how you can play a role.
Please note that many roles in QinetiQ are subject to national security vetting. Applicants that already hold the appropriate level of vetting may be able to transfer it upon appointment, subject to approval. A number of roles are also subject to restrictions on access to information that mean factors such as nationality, previous nationalities held and the country in which you were born may have an effect on the roles that you can be employed in.