Working in the Aircraft Engineering Team alongside SME’s, your main role will be Delivering Mechanical Design solutions and taking ownership of delivery.
You will explore and test the problem space thoroughly, before generating your own hardware solutions and be prepared to lead the presentation of these ideas at design reviews and group critiques drawing on more senior member’s knowledge as required.
You will ideally have come from a regulated industry, and be comfortable generating Design solutions to recognised standards, they will be confident working with geometric Tolerance and high performance materials and working on complex systems with design safety principles at the core of your pproach.
What will I be doing?
- Lead on PDR’s / CDRs’ and able to explain the thinking behind concepts at Design Review/PDR/CDR
- Articulates assumptions, exclusions and Risks clearly and manages throughout project lifecycle
- Tie down concepts so that they are clear, can be estimated from & enable change management
- Lead on design thinking activities, undertakes activities to increase empathy without supervision.
- Submit Estimates directly to project & track the team’s spend & holds the team to account for staying on track.
- Drive and set a sense of pace & sense of urgency within the delivery team
- Actively manages SME’s to deliver successfully, can manage conflict & is comfortable being wrong, Learning from Experience
- Clearly plan the work and establish the baseline state from which any assumptions are made
- Experienced in designing complex systems and components likely to be required for test or operational environments.
- Demonstrate curiosity, a willingness to learn and fail & persevere.
- Uses knowledge of CAD features to integrate with analysis tools & can apply CAD software creatively – to solve novel problems
- Supervise others’ work in design activities – sharing knowledge & best practice
- Input to Hazard ID, Compile compliance evidence & forms compliance Demonstration
- Review Local Test Procedures
Please note that all applicants must be eligible for SC clearance as a minimum.
Why join QinetiQ?
As we continue to grow into new markets around the world, there’s never been a more exciting time to join QinetiQ. The formula for success is our appetite for innovation and having the courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges.
You’ll experience a unique working environment where teams from different backgrounds, disciplines and experience enjoy collaborating widely and openly as we undertake this exciting and rewarding journey. Through effective teamwork, and pulling together, you’ll get to experience what happens when we all share different perspectives, blend disciplines, and link technologies; constantly discovering new ways of solving complex problems in an diverse and inclusive environment where you can be authentic, feel valued and realise your full potential. Read more about our diverse and inclusive workplace culture here.
Joining QinetiQ offers you an opportunity to work on a broad range of interesting defence-based projects with vast career progression across a global organisation in addition to competitive personal and professional benefits. You’ll receive a highly competitive salary and benefits package: our basic salaries are very attractive as we constantly review what’s happening in the market. The range of benefits that we offer include, adaptive and flexible working, generous holiday entitlements, Health Cash Plan, Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance and much more.
As a company of over 6,000 dedicated professionals, we are a world-centre of excellence in research and development and act as a catalyst for fast-track innovation, offering outstanding experimentation facilities, and technical, engineering and scientific expertise. QinetiQ is made up of dedicated experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets, all working together to explore new ways of protecting what matters most. Being part of QinetiQ means being central to the safety and security of the world around us. Partnering with our customers, we help to save lives; reduce risks to society; and maintain the global infrastructure on which we all depend. Come and find out how you can play a role.
Please note that many roles in QinetiQ are subject to national security vetting. Applicants that already hold the appropriate level of vetting may be able to transfer it upon appointment, subject to approval. A number of roles are also subject to restrictions on access to information that mean factors such as nationality, previous nationalities held and the country in which you were born may have an effect on the roles that you can be employed in.