QinetiQ are looking for a Senior Bid Manager to join a team of focused and successful professional Capture Managers, Bid Managers and Bid Writers working in the Defence Domain.
The types of bids that you will work on will be complex and very varied, and may be across different domains including Air and Space, Maritime and Science and Technology. You will play a pivotal role in helping secure new business to support QinetiQ’s growth agenda.
As a Senior Bid Manager you will be responsible for leading bids from the qualification through to contract award, working with a multi-discipline team to pull together a solution that is both competitive and able to be delivered to both cost and time. This is a challenging and rewarding role, and key to its success is making sure that we clearly articulate our benefits and win themes in a compelling professional proposal. It also involves strong stakeholder management skills as engaging with the wider functions (sales, technical, project management, Supply chain and procurement, commercial, finance and HR) as getting their early buy-in is key.
QinetiQ operate an adaptive working policy which gives you flexibility and a mix of home/office working.
Your base site can be one of the following locations:
Farnborough, Amesbury, Malvern, Bristol or Portsmouth.
What you will be doing:
- Leading a team to produce responses to PQQs, ITTs and ITNs under challenging timescales
- Managing the bid within an agreed budget
- Facilitating the Shipley Colour Reviews, getting the maximum benefit from the reviews in order to improve our PWin
- Contributing to the written proposal, both in terms of direction, content and presentation, including the Executive Summary
- Challenging the team to focus on how we are going to win – keeping them focused on delivering the optimum price v technical score balance
- Driving the storyboarding process and proposal production with a strong eye on the quality of the outputs
- Engaging with all relevant functions, proactively spotting issues and helping knock down barriers
- Working alongside our BD/Capture Leads to ensure we properly understand the customer hot buttons and clearly represent our win themes through the bid response
- Make an impact by challenging existing thinking both on individual bids and in support of improving our overall bid process
- Managing the assurance and governance approach
You will ideally have:
- Track record of working in a complex bid environment (~ 5+ years) with experience of winning competitive bids in the past 12-18 months
- Proven track record of leading large or multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent communication, organisation and planning skills
- Good understanding of Shipley colour processes and the importance of hot buttons and win themes
- Experience in bids involving partners/sub-contractors
- Experience in driving a bid team to meet the Price to Win
- Ability to build relationships at pace and brief senior management on the detail of projects & solutions
- Knowledge of MOD / Government procurement processes and tools including ITTs, ITNs, AWARD, MEAT, VfM etc.
- APMP Qualification
- Energetic and enthusiastic approach and be able to work under pressure
What we provide for you
As well as a competitive benefits package described below we will provide:
- Opportunity to work in a global team of bid professionals, who share best practice and actively work to improve bidding skills
- Career development plans with the opportunity to progress either within the bidding functions or within supporting functions (capture, commercial, BD, supply chain)
- APMP membership
Please note that all applicants must be eligible for SC clearance as a minimum.
Why join QinetiQ?
As we continue to grow into new markets around the world, there’s never been a more exciting time to join QinetiQ. The formula for success is our appetite for innovation and having the courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges.
You’ll experience a unique working environment where teams from different backgrounds, disciplines and experience enjoy collaborating widely and openly as we undertake this exciting and rewarding journey. Through effective teamwork, and pulling together, you’ll get to experience what happens when we all share different perspectives, blend disciplines, and link technologies; constantly discovering new ways of solving complex problems in an diverse and inclusive environment where you can be authentic, feel valued and realise your full potential. Read more about our diverse and inclusive workplace culture here.
Joining QinetiQ offers you an opportunity to work on a broad range of interesting defence-based projects with vast career progression across a global organisation in addition to competitive personal and professional benefits. You’ll receive a highly competitive salary and benefits package: our basic salaries are very attractive as we constantly review what’s happening in the market. The range of benefits that we offer include, adaptive and flexible working, generous holiday entitlements, Health Cash Plan, Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance and much more.
As a company of over 6,000 dedicated professionals, we are a world-centre of excellence in research and development and act as a catalyst for fast-track innovation, offering outstanding experimentation facilities, and technical, engineering and scientific expertise. QinetiQ is made up of dedicated experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets, all working together to explore new ways of protecting what matters most. Being part of QinetiQ means being central to the safety and security of the world around us. Partnering with our customers, we help to save lives; reduce risks to society; and maintain the global infrastructure on which we all depend. Come and find out how you can play a role.
Please note that many roles in QinetiQ are subject to national security vetting. Applicants that already hold the appropriate level of vetting may be able to transfer it upon appointment, subject to approval. A number of roles are also subject to restrictions on access to information that mean factors such as nationality, previous nationalities held and the country in which you were born may have an effect on the roles that you can be employed in.