Junior Space Propulsion Engineer
QSR Talent Driven Culture
Our client is a prestigious Portuguese Space SME specialized in satellite propulsion components and systems development, manufacture, and integration, located in Arruda-dos-Vinhos and is hiring a Júnior Space Propulsion Engineer.
▪ Support our projects from proposal to delivery, through technical and management skills;
▪ Participate in design and development of new components;
▪ Establish technical and product assurance documentation for our components;
▪ Establish and manage test campaigns and integrations;
▪ Analyze technical specifications of monopropellant and cold gas components;
▪ Select and manage subcontractors and suppliers.
Requirements & Qualifications:
▪ Advanced University Degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in engineering, preferably in Space,
materials, mechanics or comparable areas of study (or of another revelant discipline for the role);
▪ Confident with the principles of mechanics, electrics and pressure applications;
▪ Familiar with satellite technology, in particular propulsion systems or components;
▪ Communicative and enjoy working in a small team, independent in your work and able to organize your
▪ Self-confident and good communication and negotiation skills with customers and suppliers;
▪ Full professional proficiency in the English language; knowledge of Portuguese and German will help you accomplish complementary tasks;
▪ Familiar with CAD programs. Knowledge/work experience with FEA programs will be seen as an advantage. MS Office proficiency is assumed;
▪ Professional experience in the space propulsion business is preferred but not mandatory;
▪ Possibility to work, for small periods of time, abroad. Availability to travel for 3-4 days, on a 2-3 weeks’
notice time is expected.
▪ Working remuneration in accordance with experience, technical capabilities and Arruda-dos-Vinhos area cost of living;
▪ An interesting position in a technology intensive Space SME, with flexible work hours;
▪ As part of an economic group headquartered in Portugal but with branches in Europe, the possibility for interacting and working in a multi-cultural environment;
▪ Career development opportunity.