Think Human Capital in a bolder way
Our client is a space systems engineering company, delivering advanced design solutions and turn-key space SW systems. Building on a solid team of highly motivated and specialized engineers, is now a reference player in the European space sector, leading in the areas of Mission Analysis, Guidance, Navigation and Control, Global Navigation Satellite Systems Technologies, Ground Segment Systems and Earth Observation applications.
The company is selecting a software Technical Manager to drive the development of innovative software products for the Space industry. The Technical Manager interacts in a cross-functional way with several teams, involved in launching new products and improving existing features, leading a team of software engineers and scientific experts. Space means constant innovation, meaning that craving for new solutions is highly valuable.
You will mentor and guide people to figure out the best technical solutions for the Ground Segment / Data Systems business unit challenges. You will also analyze existing software products and development methodologies, promoting improvements and new solutions.
The following types of responsibilities are envisioned:
- Design technical solutions for requirements of software products, including the integration with other
software modules, communicate and lead the software teams to guarantee the implementation, tests, and delivery.
- Organize, with the team members, the tasks and resources required to successfully guarantee the
deliverables, monitor, and control the development and promote corrective actions whenever required.
- Undertake daily follow-ups with team members to ensure products and tasks are on track and goals are being met.
- Communicate with customers and with all the teams involved to guarantee a transparent channel of
communication between key stakeholders, while managing expectations.
- Participate in commercial activities by supporting the sales personnel, conducting presentations, and
writing the technical sections of commercial proposals when required.
- Lead and conduct knowledge transfer workshops for both software development, scientific and business teams.
- Provide training to the team members supporting their professional growth and motivation.
- Conduct technical interviews to hire new team members to the teams.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Computer science background
- Previous experience as a software developer
- 5+ years of experience as a Technical Manager / Leader
- Experience with at least one Agile framework like Scrum, Kanban, other
- Experience running software products of varying size and complexity
- Educator and coach leadership style
- Experience with GIS (Geographic Information Systems) and EO (Earth Observation)
- Motivation to work in the Space industry required:
- High level of English (spoken and written)
- Wage package appropriate to the presented experience
- Career development opportunity
- Contractual link established directly with the company
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace