Think Human Capital in a bolder way
Our client is selecting a senior engineer to be integrated in the Flight Systems Business Unit to support new growth areas in the mission and flight engineering for space missions that include atmospheric flight phases (e.g. launch to orbit or return from orbit to ground).
The work of the Flight Systems Business Unit includes activities in the areas of Mission Analysis and Flight Mechanics with applications from satellites to atmospheric vehicles (e.g. launchers and re-entry vehicles), as well as the associated research, innovation and technology development.
The following types of responsibilities are envisioned, to be progressively planned and allocated to the candidate:
- Technical lead and project management of Atmospheric Flight projects, in all programme phases (0/A through to D/E/F)
- Contribution or lead of technical proposals for Atmospheric Flight (space transportation, planetary
exploration, space debris, supersonic/hypersonic)
- Project team planning and control
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Education: Aerospace/aeronautics MSc/MEng degree or PhD.
- Required: Project Manager with a demonstrated solid technical background in the
Aerospace Sector and in management of projects and teams, with at least 5 years of
Solid technical background in the following areas:
- Mission Analysis for launchers or re-entry vehicles
- Trajectory design, analysis and performance assessment
- Simulation modelling and design, execution and analysis (Monte Carlo,
- Aerodynamics or Aerothermodynamics
- Flying Qualities
- Safety (Flight Segment)
Demonstrated experience in:
- Management of aerospace projects, under national, ESA or EU funding
- Proposals for national, ESA or EU frameworks
- Team coordination Knowledge of software engineering and SW (ex: Fortan,
Matlab/Simulink environment and C-programming).
The following capability are also desired:
- Successful leadership of proposals for ESA or EU
Knowledge of launch systems, planetary entry systems (capsules, lifting
bodies…) and aeronautics systems (aircrafts, UAVs…).
- Knowledge of satellite removal and space debris (end of life, re-entry phase)
- High level of English, both spoken and written
- Team leader
- Responsibility towards the customer and workmates
- Capability to integrate in and work within a team from different geographical
- Technical presentation and reporting skills
- Initiative, autonomy and self-development
- Wage package appropriate to the presented experience
- Career development opportunity
- Contract established directly with the client