QSR is a strategy consulting ﬁrm developing high-end solutions
Our client is a Portuguese space systems engineering company, delivering advanced design solutions and turn-key space SW systems. Building on a solid team of highly motivated and specialized engineers, is now a reference player in the European space sector, leading in the areas of Mission Analysis, Guidance, Navigation and Control, Global Navigation Satellite Systems Technologies, Ground Segment Systems and Earth Observation applications. The company is hiring a Senior Engineer with technical proficiency in GNSS solutions to work on solution development for state-of-the-art projects in GNSS field, interacting with international customers in the areas of aerospace and aeronautics.
The candidate should have experience in the following:
- design/development of GNSS based navigation solutions for Earth and Space;
- GNSS based precise orbit determination solutions, on-board and on-ground;
- handling of GNSS concepts related to data processing, such as code and carrier phase measurements, atmospheric effects, integrity algorithms, and high accurate orbit and clock estimation;
- on-board sensor concepts and modelling, including inertial sensors, star-trackers, ISL, among others;
- orbital simulation, including effects such as Solar Radiation Pressure, gravitational forces, and third bodies;
- multi-GNSS and multi-frequency navigation algorithms;
- PPP, RTK, P2OD algorithms;
- S/W development in Matlab.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Degree in Exact Sciences and Engineering, such as Physics, Aerospace, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications, Computer Sciences, Mechanical Engineering;
- (Working experience is valued and can be levelled to academic degree)
- Engineer with at least 3 years of experience in the practical application of the domains relevant to the post (relevant MSc & PhD studies would also be considered);
The position will be tailored to the level of experience and additional industrial experience would be viewed very positively;
- Good background in GNSS-related concepts;
- Good programming skills and experience with Matlab and Simulink;
- Practical experience in aeronautical/aerospace GNSS solutions (desired for the post);
- Background on advanced GNSS concepts, such as precise orbit determination, PPP, RTK, P2OD algorithms (desired for the post);
- Fluent English – written and spoken;
- The ideal candidate is a committed team player, and should be at ease with timely execution of multiple tasks assigned;
- Open minded to different cultures in working, he always uses a collaborative approach, helping to find shared solutions.
- Wage package appropriate to the presented experience;
- Career development opportunity;
- Contractual link established directly with the client.