Antenna and RF Measurements with Drones
Would you like to be a part of the fastest-growing start-up in the Test and Measurement industry? QuadSAT ApS develops UAV based RF payloads for antenna tests and calibration. With this revolutionary testing innovation, QuadSAT is getting recognition with market leaders in the SATCOM industry and the European Space Agency.
QuadSAT is seeking a Senior RF Engineer to be responsible for designing and manufacturing the next generation of UAV antenna performance evaluation systems. You will be a part of a young and international team of enthusiastic engineers in a fast and agile product development environment. At QuadSAT there is space to be creative and make a big impact with your skills and knowledge by shaping future solutions.
The ideal candidate will become one of the drivers of our RF communication technology, circuit, and system design of our drone-based antenna performance evaluation system. You will work with peers from other engineering disciplines and will bring deep knowledge of satellite or related communication systems along with RF circuit design and test experience.
- Technical leadership within RF technology and participate in the development of technology roadmaps
- Bench test and analyse the performance of RF designs
- Develop architectures and solutions for RF related designs, both on component and circuitry level
- Develop technical solutions by making use of widely available techniques and tools in the RF industry
- Assist in writing journals and conference publications with regards to proposed solutions and test results
- Lead design, modelling, sourcing/production, and quality testing of potential antenna/feed solutions
- Analyse and implement antenna measurement standards into a UAV based antenna measurement solution
- Participate in the design of new standards for UAV based antenna measurement systems.
- Participate, give input, and test the design of Graphical User Interfaces related to software platforms for antenna measurements.
- Experience working at X/K/KA-band architecture
- Experience working with other frequency bands such as UHF/VHF, L/S/C band
- Design of antenna measurement ranges
- SATCOM network and protocols knowledge
- Experience in RADAR design and operation
- Writing design and performance reports and summaries
- Software packages: Matlab, CST Suite, FEKO
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience related to RF/Wireless product development.
- Bachelor or Masters in either Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications or similar
- Excellent English language proficiency (oral/written)
You will join a hard-working, ambitious, and creative organisation where everybody works together towards a common goal of creating a flexible, easily accessible, and cost-effective antenna testing solution. The company consists of 21 people spread across 16 different nationalities. This creates an inclusive, fun, and social work environment where everybody can learn from each other’s differences.
We offer an attractive international environment with potential for high growth in an early-stage company. You will work with mentors from academia and industry experts to utilise the newest technologies and theories of state-of-the-art antenna measurement.
The successful candidate will be able to influence the role based on prior experience and future expectations.
Criteria for success
As a person, you are driven by curiosity to create and develop new designs and solutions with a high-quality standard. You are aware of the details in the solution as well as the big picture and you work in a structured independent manner. A start-up environment can be demanding with occasional short deadlines, so you are able to cope with agile and fast-moving product development.