In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our achitects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow’s possible.
Gorgonzola hosts Navigations Air Systems (NAS) domain. The activity of NAS domain: avionics, navigation and radar systems for civil air traffic and technologies supporting the activities of civilian and military pilots, ATC controllers and technicians of several airlines, air traffic control agencies and Air Force around the world. Italy is the Group’s Competence center for the design, production and delivery of Navigation Aids products and Competence Centre for the delivery of non-Radar Surveillance Products.
The Quality Assurance Engineer, ensure the implementation of processes, practices and specific tools, to make sure the whole products life cycle is in line with technical requirements and international regulations (ISO, AQAP, etc.).
- The Quality Assurance Engineering will ensure that the Solution delivered to the Customer is complying with both Customer and Company requirements and with the applicable standards and regulations, with the required and expected level of Quality.
- The QAE support product/production and B&P teams in identifying and resolving problems, assuring that the relevant processes, practices and standards have been followed, and that the products and services delivered to the customer meet the defined requirements.
- He/She Analyse Customer and Company Quality and requirements, define and verifying the implementation of Specific Project Quality Plan, and customer procedure in each Project phases,
- He/She support the Quality Assurance activities including Supplier Quality Assurance to ensure the Solution is in line with Customer expectations, contractual requirements, quality standards and with the risks mitigation objectives,
- He/She supply the data resulting from audits, return and customer complaints, alert and veto right, to ensure the reporting, to prevent the risks,
- He/She Approve or make sure of the formal approval of the conformity of products and to be in charge of the follow-up of the complaints of the customers,
- He/She Contribute as required to project reviews supplying feedback by using the Bid/Project quality advice,
- He/She Support and verify tailoring activities of Thales practices and their result in the relevant existing documentation,
- He/She Support and Verify the process implementation applicable at Project/Production Level with Audit,
- He/She Support the ISO 9001 certifications
List of main activities:
- Assure Quality requirements Company and Customer
- Manage compliance to Quality Assurance requirements and their flow down to the project/bid Team
- Define and apply the Quality Management System and relevant Quality Plan specific for the project
- Assure the quality of purchased solutions in collaboration with System Engineering Managers by participation to FAT, or inspection
- Assess and qualify suppliers, manage their performances in collaboration with Procurement and SiPM
- Assess suppliers and identify structural risks for supplier involved in the project in collaboration with all other QAM , and collaborate with SiPM in the improvement of performances with the involved suppliers
- Assure that Anomalies, Nonconformities and Alerts following the managed Non Conformities
- Support the Certifications (AS-9100ISO 9001 and AQAP/AERQ 2110)
- Collaborate with the System Engineering Manager in to establish the Certificate of Conformity
- Exercise Alert Duty and Veto Right in case of non-resolution of problems and escalate it to the correspondent management organization, Manage and capitalise on alerts and vetoes.
- Auditing plan and conduct audits to the projects then follow up the Non Conformity raised in the Audit since closure out.
PRODUCT QUALITY ASSURANCE
- The QAE is responsible for monitoring the participation of key contributors and making sure that clear governance rules are followed in the management of the product line.
- He/She assures that the product complies with technical and non-technical requirements and appropriate quality standards, and reviews the synchronization periods on the product life cycle to make sure that all key actions have been taken before each decision making step.
BID QUALITY ASSURANCE
- The QAE participates in the preparation of bids and supports the bid team in the appropriate identification and tailoring of processes, taking into account the context of the planned activities, making sure that all stakeholders are involved and clear governance rules are observed.
- He/She is responsible for assessing the progress of the bid, making sure that all critical steps, decisions and actions have been taken before each decision review, including measures to manage risks and opportunities.
- He/She is responsible for generating the Quality Advices for the Bid and updating as necessary for the associated Bid reviews. He/she also may be responsible for generating the estimate for the QA work package(s) of any associated contract/project.
- He/She is responsible for writing the quality assurance section of the bid and recording the bid lessons learned.
PROJECT QUALITY ASSURANCE
- The QAE is responsible for assuring that the technical and non-technical requirements of the customer are recorded, understood and managed by all members of the project team. They ensure that the project deliverables comply with the customer’s requirements and with all applicable standards and legislation.
- He/She is responsible for providing guidance and support to the project team in determining the appropriate and effective use of process and validates the resultant project plans. He is responsible for writing the quality assurance plan, adjusting the quality assurance actions, including project assessment activities, to focus on project and business risks and recording the project lessons learned.
- He/She assesses the execution of the project, in reference to the agreed project plans. He/she evaluates deliverables through peer reviews, and ensures visibility of the assessment through the monthly quality advice report.
SUPPLIER QUALITY ASSURANCE
- The QAE works in collaboration with the procurement function and the SiPM (Supplier Industrial Performance Manager) to provide all the necessary feedback and support as much as possible better supplier relationship management.
- In this context it would be considered a plus the knowledge of the main production processes of electronic boards (PCBA)
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 65,000 employees in 56 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!