Thales people architect solutions that enable two-thirds of planes to take off and land safely. We create in-flight entertainment systems that engross 50 million fliers every year and we develop the avionics that control the world’s largest commercial aircrafts. Our simulators train the next generation of pilots for fighter jets, transporters and search and rescue helicopters. And, together, each and every member of our aerospace team makes a difference.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
An exciting opportunity has become available within our world renowned Avionics Team for a Quality Assurance Manager to join our team based at Crawley. Working within a team of Quality professionals, this role will be aligned to primarily the manufacturing and service work the Avionics team carry out, operating as a point of contact with the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA), Civil Aviation Authority (CAA), Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC) on legislative and quality assurance matters, ensuring the company remain compliant with regulatory requirements.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Establishing and maintaining the quality system in compliance with all approved regulations EASA Part 21 Subpart G, EASA Part 145, FAA Part 145, CAAC CCAR145 requirements.
- Dealing directly with the relevant Authorities on behalf of the organisation, including notification to the Authorities of changes to the Organisation.
- Submitting all necessary forms and applications for any changes to ratings and approval etc to EASA, CAA, CAAC, FAA.
- Submitting revised versions of the MOE, POE, MOM for approval (as a result of personnel/facilities changes).
- Submitting updates of all relevant Capability Lists for approval as a result of product changes.
- Responsible for liaising with regulatory authorities (EASA/CAA/CAAC) regarding regulatory compliance audits and management of any associated actions.
- Ensuring that the organisation has all necessary airworthiness data from the relevant authorities (EASA, CAA, CAAC, and FAA) appropriate to the tasks being performed.
- Ensuring all Thales Account Managers are aware of any airworthiness issues
- Ensuring all applicable procedures and documents are maintained to ensure compliance with all the applicable regulations and internal procedures
- Responsible for implementing a quality audit program in which compliance with EASA Part 145, Part 21 Sub Part G, CAAC, FAA procedures, ensuring the following:
- Any observed non-compliances or poor standards are brought to the attention of the person concerned via his/her manager;
- Audit actions and non-conformities are raised and logged in appropriate company management tool.
- Audit actions and non-conformities are regularly reviewed, progressed and monitored to effective closure.
- Responsible for ensuring the continued assessing of any sub-contractors suppliers or specialist services under the company regulations to ensure components and materials are manufactured to acceptable Quality standards.
Thales is committed to hiring individuals with a “can do” and positive attitude with willingness to learn and improve on skills and knowledge. We are looking for an individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills; below are also some of the key experience, skill and personal attributes we are looking for in our next Quality Assurance Manager:
- Experience in a Quality Assurance role in the defence or similar industry. Knowledge of Aviation industry standards a desirable – detailed knowledge of EASA Part 21 G and Part 145 CAA/FAA requirements, engineering, quality and related working practices and standards
- Ability to convey complex industry standard requirements to stakeholders (ideally with experience with CAA/FAA/CAAC
- Quick learner with an open mind, receptive to change
- Ability to interface well at all levels within the business, with suppliers, partners and customers.
In line with Thales’ Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 65,000 employees in 56 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!