As a Quality Coordinator you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of Quality and World Class Enterprise Management Systems. You will provide guidance to the organization and support the QA process of new products, processes, software, equipment and raw material from pre-qualification and tender requests to project and operational quality plans.
You will manage change through high performance teams, Structured Problem Solving techniques, management corrective and preventive actions supported on APQP, FMEA, MSA, SPC, Six Sigma, ISO Standards, define KPI aligned to business and customer needs, focused on a win-win balance to meet the needs of both parties.
A week in the life of a Quality Coordinator:
- Lead the analysis of customer complaints closing effective actions to correct root causes and prevent recurrence
- Assure that all the changes related to transfers and validation of new products, processes, software, equipment and raw material comply with internal/external requirements and quality/cost objectives.
- Supervise the execution and analysis of a reliability program that assures the consistency of the quality of the product.
- Assure that the raw materials are compliant in terms of quality requirements
- Lead action plan in order to achieve the objectives in terms of Quality: Number of customer complaints, Cycle Time of analysis requests, CONQ, FCD, CRD.
- Develops and implements Quality managements systems, processes, and procedures that improve business operations in accordance with ISO 9001.
- Report to Top Management, the performance of the Quality Management System and any need for improvement.
- Ensure the promotion of awareness of customer requirement in terms of Quality throughout the Organization.
- Lead Lean-Sigma site strategy by including the identification of not added value activities and eliminate them.
- Manage improvement of customer satisfaction.
- Manage external audits (with customers or certification entities ISO, VISA, MC, etc.).
- Six Sigma projects development, to head multidisciplinary teams, to solve complex issues on the business process.
- Data and statistics analysis for decision making and problem solving.
- Improvement projects management
Location: Mercallo, Lombardy, Italy
Full time, Regular Employment