The European Space Agency is ATGs biggest client. They are an international organisation with 22 member states with sites in the Netherlands, Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK and Belgium. ESA is Europes gateway to Space!
For our client, the European Space Agency (ESA), we are looking for a Radiation Effects Engineer for their location in Noordwijk, the Netherlands, to join their Radiation Hardness Assurance Component Analysis Section.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Providing support to the Agencys Projects in the field of EEE component Radiation Hardness Assurance;
- Preparing and conducting radiation tests campaigns including developing test set-up and subsequent data analysis (with emphasis on TID, DD and SEE) on EEE components, test structures and materials in support of Agencys projects, studies, evaluation, qualification or radiation hardening activities;
- Defining relevant radiation studies, experimental and development activities (also including in- flight component radiation characterization experiments);
- to initiate and manage such activities implemented under ESA contracts;
- Supporting the sections standardisation activities, particularly those involving general Radiation Hardness Assurance procedures, irradiation test guidelines (SEE, TID and Displacement Damage), modelling and simulation issues.Conducting simulations of radiation effects in components and materials using suitable device physics based SW-tools and to produce new or improve existing models;
- Coordinating such activities with internal and external partners and promoting the results achieved in the form of publications, presentations and training to be provided.
- Master degree or equivalent qualification in electrical/electronic engineering or (solid state) physics;
- Substantial experience in the field of radiation effects on semiconductor components and all aspects of irradiation testing;
- Experience with SEE rate prediction tools and sufficient knowledge of the space environment to correctly employ these tools;
- Demonstrate familiarity with shielding analysis tools (sectoring and 3D MonteCarlo based), device physics simulation tools, modern programming techniques, modelling and simulation of radiation effects on EEE components for radiation hardening and software engineering practices;
- Basic knowledge of component engineering and product assurance principles and modelling / simulation of radiation effects on EEE components for radiation hardening.
What Do We Offer
ATG Europe offers excellent working conditions and provides you with all the necessary means to further your career. We believe that training and education, combined with regular assessments and a personal development plan, will create the best environment for growth. If needed we also assist you with settling in your new home or finding the right school for your children. ATG will help in any way it can, including a relocation budget that is applicable for ATG staff as well as employees working at one of our clients.