RHEA Group is an international leading Space and Security engineering organisation providing engineering services and customised technology solutions enabling the design, operation and utilisation of space systems and other critical infrastructure. We attract skilled engineers, scientists and management professionals worldwide; and offer a range of exciting career paths within our organisation and working alongside clients such as the UK Space Agency, the European Space Agency, the European GNSS Agency, NATO, the European Commission, EUMETSAT, etc.
On behalf of ESA, we are currently looking for a Radio Navigation Engineer to work in its Site (ESTEC) in the beautiful city of Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
- Support to the monitoring of industrial contracts for the development of professional and commercial ground/user products for radio navigation and earth observation through ESA’s co-funded R&D programs (e.g. GSTP Element 2, NAVISP and Incubed).
- Support to Navigation Projects (e.g. EGNOS and GALILEO), R&D and Testing activities in the fields of system and mainly receivers’ performances for sensor stations and user receivers.
- Support to earth observation projects mainly for the ground technology.
- Support to TEC Navigation Laboratory for the design, implementation and operation of complex testing setups.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- Master degree or PhD in telecommunications, electronic engineering, aerospace engineering or computer science.
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience in telecommunications and signal processing or electronic engineering, including direct experience on GNSS and Earth Observation.
- Proven knowledge of project management techniques, system engineering processes, system development lifecycle (e.g. V model), project execution and follow up.
- Specific knowledge on products and services using space borne earth observation in the ground and user segments.
- Specific knowledge on Satellite Radio Navigation Systems, ranging and positioning techniques and technologies, including architectures of multi-GNSS receivers, high accuracy positioning (RTK, PPP) and robust positioning, navigation and timing.
- Experience in the implementation, maintenance and operation of complex Radio Navigation processing, simulation and test facilities for spacecraft, aircraft, maritime and land mobile applications.
- Fluency in the English language, both written and spoken.
- Eligibility for security clearance from your national security administration.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- Proven knowledge and hands-on experience on processing and testing techniques for multi-element antennas (beamforming, antenna calibration).
- Experience in the field of autonomous vehicles, in particular related to positioning and testing techniques and safety standards.
- Knowledge on Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning and their applications to radio navigation and/or earth observation.
ABOUT RHEA GROUP
RHEA Group is a growing international company, focusing on providing innovative, market-ready solutions and services in our key sectors of Space and Security for both commercial and institutional customers. We employ over 500 staff working across 10 different countries. We work with distinguished clients such as the European Space Agency, EUMETSAT, NATO, European Commission, Canadian Government and national space agencies.
When you work for RHEA, you will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the best talented minds and experts in our industries, either working at our clients sites on some of the most exciting space missions or on cutting-edge projects in security, concurrent design, data and ground systems within our own offices.
To attract the best candidates, RHEA offers our employees competitive remuneration packages, unique career opportunities, individualised training and development programmes and local relocation support to take the stress out moving to another country or city. We are recruiting now. We understand your concerns during this period of a global pandemic and we will work with you, at your pace ensuring your questions are answered and maximum flexibility is offered.