- Leading Defence Contractor committed to driving strategic growth
- Fast paced dynamic work environment
- Based in Brisbane – either Carole Park or Murarrie
An excellent opportunity is now available to be part of an innovative and exciting project to establish Electronic Warfare training ranges in Australia to support the ADF working on radar, communications, command and control, and network systems with domestic and international partners in close cooperation with the RAAF.
Raytheon Australia is recruiting for an ICT Design Engineer for the Mobile Threat Training Emitting System (MTTES) project. In the role, the successful candidate provide professional engineering services and utilise their technical expertise in IT, networks, dedicated services, systems and infrastructure for the current phase of the project.
- Analyse existing ICT designs and propose, develop and implement improvements for LAN, WAN, Storage and virtualisation
- Help develop new ICT solutions to expand and improve the MTTES system capabilities
- Develop and maintain the interfaces between the MTTES internal and external interfaces and the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Infrastructure
- Participate is requirements determination for ICT Systems components.
- Work with Security Officers to identify, design and implement security hardening controls
- Ensure the timely completion of the ICT component engineering design activities.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Tertiary Qualification in relevant Information Technology or engineering discipline (highly desirable) and relevant industry certifications (e.g. Cisco, Juniper, Vmware, Microsoft)
- Experience in networking and communications including switching, routing, firewalls, VPNs and voice over IP systems
- Experience with information systems including servers, storage, virtualised environments, end-point security and supporting equipment.
- Experience in Systems Engineering discipline including involvement in requirements definition, analysis, design, integration, verification and validation.
- Knowledge of the Protective Security Policy Framework, Security standards and controls and experience working within a Defence environment
The successful applicant must be eligible to obtain and maintain a Negative Vetting Level 1 Security Clearance.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career hit the “apply” button.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Job ID 168223BR