We are defining the future of aerospace and defense with ambitious technologies that push the limits of known science.
- Located in Exmouth, WA
- Gateway to the world-class Ningaloo Reef
- Operate and maintain the C Band Radar Equipment
The C-Band radar operated from Harold E. Holt Naval Communication Station near Exmouth, Western Australia, is the first low-earth orbit space surveillance network sensor in the Southern Hemisphere. Raytheon Australia has been awarded the contract to manage this strategically important asset. Joining this project you will experience an exciting and unique opportunity to grow with some of Australia’s finest defence professionals in a unique and iconic defence environment.
You will be responsible in ensuring that the Radar equipment, associated facilities and infrastructure is operated and maintained in accordance with documented procedures and processes. Your ordinary hours of work shall average 38 hours per week over a defined work cycle, between 6.00am – 8.00pm on all days of the week from Monday to Sunday.
- Performing radar planned and corrective maintenance on the C-Band Radar System
- Maintenance, planning and reporting
- Radar calibrations and interpretation of results
- Working in a LINUX system environment
- Technical report writing
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- A minimum of a Certificate IV in Electronics (Communications or Control)
- Defence/Maritime Radar, Combat System, or Complex Communication System experience
- Excellent analytical/fault-finding skills
- Ability to confidently operate and interpret data from a wide range of test equipment
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a defence security clearance up to Negative Vetting Level 1.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career access your next mission by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.