- An industry leader and one of the most reputable technology innovators in the world;
- Grow and apply your skills as a specialist Communications Technician;
- Work with a great team based by the water from HMAS Stirling Naval Base, WA.
When you join Raytheon Australia you are joining a recognised leader and trusted partner in the Australian defence industry. As the leading systems integrator for our Collins class Submarines, we provide mission support and solutions to protect, secure and defend our nation – helping to make the world a safer place. A key member of our technical team as a Communications Technician you will move into a new and exciting career opportunity, focusing on the maintenance and capability of our Collins Class Combat System.
In this vital role, you will be supported and working in a friendly team, while working proactively and independently; engaging regularly with our customer – the Royal Australian Navy (RAN). In your new role with the Raytheon team, a background in Naval or Military communications technology and systems will be highly advantageous.
- Apply the skills necessary to perform maintenance on a naval communications system;
- Understand and diagnose the system capabilities and design features and operational requirements; to enable you to assess and promptly determine problems, solutions and act to remove, replace or repair equipment as required.
- Work collaboratively with engineering specialists to develop solutions and provide feedback; cooperating with colleagues to ensure equipment is fit for purpose and well-maintained to meet the operational requirements of our Collins Submarines.
- Support your peers and other teams by assisting with the assembly, installation and testing of equipment.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Ideally Diploma Level, otherwise at a minimum a Certificate IV Electrical or Electronics Engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a Defence Engineering discipline;
- Understanding and experience in electronic system fault finding and diagnostic skills, including an understanding and experience in Communication and RF systems;
- Experience working in a small and dynamic team to deliver outcomes to defined timelines;
- This position will require availability to travel within Australia and Overseas to support Submarine maintenance.
Successful candidates must be able to obtain and maintain Australian Government Security Clearance, Negative Vetting Level 1 and hold International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR) Accreditation.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career access your next mission by applying.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Job ID 168838BR