We’re building a sustainable future.
Businesses: Raytheon Intelligence & Space
- Clearance type Secret- Current
- Relocation eligible No
- Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting
- Job ID 181079BR
- Most Recent Date Posted 07/28/2021
- State Kuwait
- Country Kuwait
Provide Intermediate/Depot level maintenance technical support and advice to the U.S. Army Patriot Air Defense Forces. Must be able to isolate malfunctions of the Patriot Missile System Configuration III, with the use of Intermediate Support Element (ISE) and/or Battery Maintenance Center (BMC) test equipment. Must be able to analyze failures and develop solutions when fault isolation is not accomplished with built-in-test equipment (BITE) and other on board diagnostics.
Performs diagnosis and repair of all Patriot Missile System Major End Items (MEI) consisting of the ICC, ECS, RS, CRG, BME, BMC, IFF, AMG, GMT, LRPT and LS. Installs authorized Depot Level equipment Modification Work Orders (MWOs) and Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs). Verifies that each MEI performs to specified standards and performs System Integration and Checkout (SICO) of modified equipment. Provides 24 hour on call technical assistance in field sites and garrison as required. Must be proficient in the use of the Maintenance Control System (MCS), analysis of diagnostic switch 9 and 8 data, Radar Action Cycler (RAC) and System Exerciser.
Must be proficient in the use of a wide range of test equipment to include oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, and power meters. Identifies and communicates potential issues concerning Safety, HazMat, OSHA and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Must be capable of working independently and possess a superior work ethic.
Must be capable of maintaining constant communications and establishing good customer relations at all levels. Prepares and submits any required maintenance reports and attends all maintenance related meetings. The selected candidate must be physically capable of performing all aspects of the position. The selected candidate will be required to travel frequently CONUS/OCONUS, to include possible short term or long term TDY to CONUS/OCONUS locations. The proposed date to fill the requisition is immediate.
- The Major Item Repairman shall have a minimum of two years of depot forward maintenance experience and be Contractor Logistics School Qualified or be a graduate of the US Army PATRIOT Intermediate Maintenance School with field experience, or have 5 years PATRIOT Field Engineering experience with specific PATRIOT hardware fault isolation experience at depot-forward maintenance level.
- Must have experience in isolating and correcting malfunctions in the Patriot Missile System, specifically the ICC, ECS, RS, IFF, AMG, GMT, LRPT, LS, and CRG, using automatic and semi-automatic program maintenance diagnostics (Radar Action Cycler, System Exerciser and Switch 8/9), unit self-tests and Built-In Test Equipment (BITE) as well as industry standard commercial off the shelf external test equipment in support of Configuration III equipment. Must have ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Individual shall possess leadership qualities to enhance the required close coordination, either as an individual (stand-alone) or as a team member, with cognizant military customers to insure support is provided in a professional, timely and efficient manner. The individual shall be flexible to adapt to constantly changing environments and be responsive to the customer’s maintenance support requirements. Individual shall be capable of providing support and engineering assistance at all maintenance echelons (organizational, intermediate and depot/factory).
This position requires an active Secret Clearance.
Experienced electronic technician with military training in Patriot Configuration III Air Defense systems. Capable of training the customer in proper maintenance procedures for all Patriot MEI’s. Knowledge in the operation and maintenance of Remote Launch Communication Upgrade (RLCEU).
Fiber Optic/RF cable troubleshooting and repair. Understanding and knowledge of military communications systems and encryption devices. Should have successfully completed MOS specific training (27X/94S/916A/918D/140E/140L/140K/948D) conducted under the auspices of the U.S. Army Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC) or an equivalent course of instruction conducted by the Patriot Missile System Contractor.
Required Education (including Major):
Bachelor’s degree with 2 years related experience. May substitute experience for education. ( i.e. Associates degree with 6 years of related experience, or High School graduate with 10 years of related experience.)