We’re building a sustainable future.
Businesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space
- Clearance type Secret – Current
- Relocation eligible No
- Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting
- Job ID 173432BR
- Most Recent Date Posted 07/28/2021
- City Kuwait City
- State Kuwait
- Country Kuwait
The Major Item Repairman (MIR) provides dedicated support of Patriot Fire Unit by assisting FMS MIR personnel with the testing, check-out, repair and maintenance of all Patriot major end items (MEIs). Major Item Repairman personnel will assist, provide advice, and demonstrate methods for diagnosis, testing, check-out, maintenance and repair of the Patriot MEIs to FMS Personnel. In addition, provides support for the Patriot system float Major End Items at the Central Maintenance Facility (CMF). Additional responsibilities include assisting in isolating hardware and software problems, assistance with fault isolation/diagnostic procedures, and on-the-job and informal training as required for FMS CMF Maintenance Technicians.
The MIR will assist in isolating complex electronic problems between the hardware, software and Battery Replaceable Units (BRUs) using a variety of electronic repair and fault isolation procedures such as system diagnostics, unit self-checks, Built-In Test Equipment, and tools and test equipment.
The MIR serves as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on the employment and operations Air & Missiles Defense (AMD). Monitors the AMD system and related support equipment to detect, diagnose and repair operator error and/or system malfunctions. This individual will evaluate the effectiveness of maintenance programs, and will monitor and coordinate installation of modifications of the AMD system. The MIR support person shall have expertise in maintenance shop operations and procedures, and experience in maintenance production environment, experience using a Maintenance Management Information System (MMIS).
- Demonstrated experience in the operation, sustainment and operations of the Patriot Missile System Radar equipment
- Trained and Knowledgeable in the operation, sustainment and troubleshooting procedures, of the Patriot System
- Knowledge with the operational/analytical software used on the Patriot System
- Experienced in using Engagement Control Station (ECS) troubleshooting software aids Status
- Monitor, Switch 9, System Exerciser and Radar Action Cycler, in order to distinguish between digital and analog problems
- Knowledge in the utilization of common industry external test equipment, such as multi-meters, oscilloscopes, power meters, frequency counters, spectrum and digital analyzers
- Successful completion of a Patriot System Intermediate Maintenance Course for MOS 27X/94S/948D6D/140E or an equivalent course of instruction on a similar electronic system conducted by the military or the system contractor
- Demonstrated experience with Department of the Army Modification Work Order (DAMWO) installations, to include system integration and checkout
- Must be able to work in extreme desert heat environments and lift 50 pounds
- Must have an ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE
- 4 years Patriot maintenance experience working on Configuration III Patriot Equipment
- Demonstrated experience with Raytheon Quality Control procedures and the Patriot refurbishment, and modification
- Exceptional judgment and decision-making skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with special focus on achieving active participation of appropriate individuals across the business
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Project
- Demonstrated experience with training of team members
- Previous experience in International Patriot FMS Programs and living and working in an overseas location
Bachelors Degree with 4 years of related experience, or Associates Degree with 8 years experience or HS Diploma/GED with 12 years of related experience