We’re building a sustainable future.
Raytheon Intelligence & Space (RIS) is seeking a Sr. Field Engineer I to support a Foreign Military Sales Global Hawk program in the Republic of South Korea. The right candidate must be willing and able to deploy anywhere in the world at a moment’s notice. The individual selected must be qualified to support Global Hawk (GH) sensor system maintenance operations under adverse conditions. This position requires complex troubleshooting skills and knowledge of Electro-mechanical, Infrared, RF Sensor Systems hardware/software and integrated aircraft avionics systems. The right candidate has a proven history of effective performance in stressful situations.
This field engineering position requires an array of technical competencies and personality traits that enable one to respond effectively to rapidly changing circumstances and adverse conditions. It requires expertise in complex hardware/software system maintenance and working knowledge of sensor system design and theory.
Employment is contingent on meeting all medical requirements for the overseas assignment (including comprehensive post-offer medical examination) and the ability to maintain a DoD Secret level security clearance.
- Direct/perform sensor system maintenance on RQ-4 GH Unmanned Air Vehicle (UAV) Enhanced Integrated Sensor Suite.
- Field Engineers will resolve technical problems and issues in accordance with product specifications and engineering data to recommend repair/sustainment of sensors.
- Advise and mentor military/contractor technicians and leadership on the following tasks:Remove and install new hardware, update software, interpret engineering data, manage system configuration, operate, inspect and test sensor systems equipment.
- Analyze equipment failures to determine cause and recommend corrective action.
- Monitor, analyze and characterize the performance of sensor system specific test equipment.
Implement preventive maintenance programs and document/manage performance and maintenance records.
- 5 years of avionics, sensors, electro-optical, Infrared and/or RF hardware engineering/maintenance experience.
- Ability to work in a military flight line environment and extreme weather conditions.
- Ability to perform complex troubleshooting and analysis to correct system discrepancies.
- Experience with Oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analyzers and Digital Multi-meters.
- Possess communication skills necessary for problem resolution with military/corporate customers and vendors.
- Working knowledge of computer systems/networks and UNIX operating systems
- Interact with senior external personnel on significant technical matters, often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Strong teamwork skills – Ability to interact productively with other Raytheon Technologies Field Engineers and customers in a diverse team setting.
- Work independently to develop timely and effective solutions to technical problems of various scope and complexity.
- 4 years of computer hardware/software/system integration experience including ground station support, UNIX, and Solaris 8/10 operating systems.
- 4 years of UAVs and/or Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance aircraft maintenance experience.
- Working knowledge of military aircraft maintenance forms, equipment accounts, CAMS/IMDS, and flight line procedures.
Required Education (including Major):
- 5 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical field. 8 additional years of work experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement.
- Military experience may substitute for some requirements. Military technical certification credit for military experience (* military personnel who have been formally trained or have relevant experience obtained while in service versus civilian training).
Security Clearance Requirement:
- A current, active Secret (or higher) security clearance is required for this position.
Special Work Requirements:
- Work rotating shifts may be required — possible 12 hour shifts 7 days /week.
- Frequent travel and long work hours are anticipated.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds and able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Must be willing and able to receive all inoculations required by the customer and host country.
As vaccine requirements in both the U.S. and overseas continue to evolve, there may be future country, customer, or other mandates requiring employees to be vaccinated. Therefore, it is possible that in the future this position may require that the successful candidate be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Since vaccine availability varies around the world, vaccine brands/origins also vary by country, and there is no guarantee of eligibility to receive the vaccine in the host country once deployed, it is recommended that the successful candidate get vaccinated prior to deployment.
This position requires a U.S. Person.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence & Space delivers the disruptive technologies our customers need to succeed in any domain, against any challenge. A developer of advanced sensors, training, and cyber and software solutions, Raytheon Intelligence & Space provides a decisive advantage to civil, military and commercial customers in more than 40 countries around the world. Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, the business generated $15 billion in pro forma annual revenue in 2019 and has 39,000 employees worldwide. Raytheon Intelligence & Space is one of four businesses that form Raytheon Technologies Corporation.
Relocation Eligible – Yes
Ability to Telecommute – No telecommuting
Clearance Type Secret – Current
- Flight & Aircraft
- Hardware Engineering
- Integration & Test Engineering
- Sensor Systems
- Software Engineering