RAYTHEON: ONE GLOBAL TEAM CREATING TRUSTED, INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS TO MAKE THE WORLD A SAFER PLACE.
The Raytheon IDS Supplier Quality Mission Assurance organization is seeking a Supplier Quality Engineer to manage new first time build suppliers in Poland. The Supplier Quality Engineer will be required to implement and manage Quality requirements throughout the product lifecycle of complex military equipment. This role will be located in Poland in support of the Poland (WISLA) Patriot Program and will require travel within Poland. This is a temporary position.
The Supplier Quality Engineer’s work scope will include supplier development and supplier production that will include supplier process development, supplier training, transition to production, POD/POM validation, qualification testing, defect prevention planning and product sale & acceptance.
At supplier development stage, the Supplier Quality Engineer will require prior Supplier Quality Management working knowledge of Process Assessments, First Time Build Process Development, Supplier Training and Sub-Tier Supplier Quality Note Flow-down Compliance.
At supplier production stage, the Supplier Quality Engineer will require prior Supplier Quality Management working knowledge of AS9102 First Article Inspection Planning/Execution, Special Process Compliance (Welding, Painting, NDT, Plating & Heat Treat), Root Cause Corrective Action and Product Acceptance Planning to meet all conformance/compliance requirements.
Supplier Quality Management experience and required prior experience with the Patriot Program are critical factors in the success of the Supplier Quality Engineer.
Effective communication skills and teamwork will be critical in developing and forming new relationships with assigned Poland suppliers, in-country Raytheon team and customers (DCMA, LTPO, Poland MoD).
The Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible to represent the customers’ best interests, assuring product quality and effectiveness throughout the product life cycle.
The Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible for the management of supplier’s quality performance and the success of the Polish suppliers.
- Interpret quality requirements and assist suppliers in the development of robust processes
- Ensure flow down of requirements internally and to sub-tier suppliers
- Assess/develop supplier’s quality capabilities throughout the product life cycle
- Identify and correct systemic performance issues
- Implement effective Root Cause Corrective Action
- Conduct collaborative communication with supplier, cross business teams and customer
- Deploy effective Supplier Quality Management techniques
- Ability to speak English and Polish
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or Technical Discipline
- Patriot Program work experience
- Supplier Quality Management working knowledge
- Effective written/verbal Communications Skills
- Two years experience
- Knowledge of Military/Defense or Aerospace Industry specifications/standards
- Knowledge of General Statistical Process Control
- Knowledge of industry technical standards (such as ANSI, CMMI, ASTM, etc.)
- Certifications – Six Sigma , Lean, ASQ