We are defining the future of aerospace and defense with ambitious technologies that push the limits of known science.
Raytheon Intelligence & Space (RIS) is seeking a Sr. Field Engineer II to support a Foreign Military Sales Global Hawk program in the Republic of South Korea. The right candidate must be willing and able to deploy anywhere in the world at a moment’s notice. The individual selected must be qualified to support Global Hawk (GH) sensor system maintenance operations under adverse conditions. This position requires complex troubleshooting skills and knowledge of Electro-mechanical, Infrared, RF Sensor Systems hardware/software and integrated aircraft avionics systems. The right candidate has a proven history of effective performance in stressful situations.
This field engineering position requires an array of technical competencies and personality traits that enable one to respond effectively to rapidly changing circumstances and adverse conditions. It requires expertise in complex hardware/software system maintenance and working knowledge of sensor system design and theory.
Employment is contingent on meeting all medical requirements for the overseas assignment (including comprehensive post-offer medical examination) and the ability to maintain a DoD Secret level security clearance.
- Direct/perform sensor system maintenance on RQ-4 GH Unmanned Air Vehicle (UAV) Enhanced Integrated Sensor Suite.
- Field Engineers will resolve technical problems and issues in accordance with product specifications and engineering data to recommend repair/sustainment of sensors.
- Advise and mentor military/contractor technicians and leadership on the following tasks:
- Remove and install new hardware, update software, interpret engineering data, manage system configuration, operate, inspect and test sensor systems equipment.
- Analyze equipment failures to determine cause and recommend corrective action.
- Monitor, analyze and characterize the performance of sensor system specific test equipment.
- Implement preventive maintenance programs and document/manage performance and maintenance records.
- 6 years of avionics, sensors, electro-optical, Infrared and/or RF hardware engineering/maintenance experience.
- Ability to work in a military flight line environment and extreme weather conditions.
- Ability to perform complex troubleshooting and analysis to correct system discrepancies.
- Experience with Oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analyzers and Digital Multi-meters.
- Possess communication skills necessary for problem resolution with military/corporate customers and vendors.
- Working knowledge of computer systems/networks and UNIX operating systems
- Interact with senior external personnel on significant technical matters, often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Strong teamwork skills – Ability to interact productively with other Raytheon Technologies Field Engineers and customers in a diverse team setting.
- Work independently to develop timely and effective solutions to technical problems of various scope and complexity.
- 6 years of computer hardware/software/system integration experience including ground station support, UNIX, and Solaris 8/10 operating systems.
- 6 years of UAVs and/or Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance aircraft maintenance experience.
- Working knowledge of military aircraft maintenance forms, equipment accounts, CAMS/IMDS, and flight line procedures.
Required Education (including Major):
- 6 years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical field.
- 8 additional years of work experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirements (total 14 years of experience).
Security Clearance Requirement:
- A current, active Secret (or higher) security clearance is required for this position.
Special Work Requirements:
- Work rotating shifts may be required — possible 12 hour shifts 7 days /week.
- Frequent travel and long work hours are anticipated.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds and able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Must be willing and able to receive all inoculations required by the customer and host country.
This position requires a U.S. Person.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.