Instrumentation and Software Engineer
We are looking for an Electrical/Software Engineer to join our winning team!
In this position, the incumbent will be an integral member of the Engineering team whose responsibility is to create innovative electrical test systems to produce complex opto-mechanical assemblies. Specialized in instrumentation and software programming, this individual will create productionized solutions to hold, measure, align and perform technical data evaluations for compliance to complex opto-mechanical assembly requirements. The individual will simplify solutions for production personnel use while ensuring a stable repeatable performance for achieving manufacturing excellence.
- Analyze and interpret technical drawings, specifications and related data
- Analyze request for proposals in order to assess impacts to the manufacturing and engineering team deliverables
- Take a hands-on approach to solving complex problems including trials and investigations to define solutions.
- Produce & implement production equipment solutions to manufacture complex optical/mechanical assemblies
- Create documentation for production equipment use and procedures for maintenance and calibration.
- Travel may be required to support development initiatives
- Electronics Engineering and/or Process Controls Engineering Bachelor’s Degree preferred with 5-10 years’ experience
- Aptitude, knowledge in Optics considered an asset
- Experience within a manufacturing industry is required
- Programming: Labview, Matlab, C, C++, C# or similar
- Database Implementation: SQL Database development for custom test data and the interfaces
- Image processing: NI Vision, OpenCV, Matlab or similar
- Usage of Electronic Instruments for debugging to circuitry to the component level
- Knowledge of Industry 4.0 and Digitization of Factory Environment.
- Excel VBA, Installation of Windows device drivers, Windows network configuration
- Excellent Computer Modelling, Data Analysis and Signal Processing Skills.
- Design and programming of embedded test systems to control higher level systems
- Able to design and implement intuitive production testing applications with scalable data storage
- Ability to multitask & work well under pressure in dynamic environment
- Demonstrate self-starting, proactive characteristics including the ability to work with limited supervision and take ownership for work scope
- Committed to continuous learning in a wide range of scientific fields
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical, presentation and instructional skills
Raytheon ELCAN offers a competitive compensation package that includes incentive program, benefits, and pension plan. We also offer flexible work arrangements with an available hybrid work schedule.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a criminal reference check and obtain/maintain a Government of Canada security clearance and any applicable clearances with respect to the handling and transfer of controlled goods.
Raytheon ELCAN is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion; we welcomes applications from all qualified persons. We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, Raytheon ELCAN will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability-related accommodations, please contact Human Resources. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.