Stress Engineer HYBRID
Reporting to the Stress Lead and working within an integrated product development team, you will be responsible for conducting strength, stability, fatigue, and fracture analyses of detail designs of landing gear component and assemblies, systems equipment, and flight control components using computer modeling and classical calculation methods.
- Preparation and review of detailed Stress reports
- Generate static and fatigue internal loads for design studies
- Define structural test requirements for laboratory and full-scale testing
- Review test results and correlate with analytical models
- Review Stress reports/drawings/models from/with other company disciplines and provide structures input and analysis
- Support and review analysis of structural repairs for landing gear and flight control structural components
- Provide structures input for analysis reviews at JDP, PDR & CDR meetings
- Liaise with Customer/Suppliers on Stress related issues
- Support research in such fields as failure analysis, finite elements, and methods of stress analysis, thermal effects, fatigue, and fracture mechanics.
- Foster strong Customer relationships through accountability, transparency and credibility
- Perform work assignments with minimum supervision
- Occasional travel between Customer/Suppliers and Collins locations
- Perform other duties as required
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in mechanical/aerospace engineering or related discipline and 2 years of aircraft Stress analysis experience required OR
- In absence of a degree, 6 years of relevant experience is required
- Experience with structural analysis tools such as NASTRAN and ABAQUS or similar is required
- Successful candidates must meet all requirements under ITAR & CGD and be eligible to work in Canada
- Working knowledge of CATIA V5
- Experience in Landing Gear structural analysis
- Aircraft Stress analysis experience highly preferred
- Working knowledge of FAA and JAA certification requirements
- Professional Engineering Designation or Eligibility to obtain one preferred
- Clear understanding of external loads, load paths and free body diagrams
- Solid structural course work with an emphasis on analytical courses
- Strong interest in analysis of structures
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude (internship, design projects, etc.)
- Good understanding of aerospace materials and manufacturing processes
- Good communication and facilitating skills in a team environment
- Good understanding of computing tools and programs including the use of Microsoft Office and Windows
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The high quality products we design, test and produce in our Mechanical Systems help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely – every day! From landing systems and actuation to propellers, flight controls and hoist and winch – the products we manufacture work together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
Our Advanced Structures team leverages advanced materials and additive manufacturing to develop complex interior and exterior solutions. These solutions ensure structural integrity of the aircraft, help aircraft take off and land, stay trim in the air, move forward, carry cargo and conduct rescues. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Collins Aerospace Systems is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates during all aspects of the selection process.
* Please consider the following role type definitions as you apply for this role.
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance employees, as they are essential to the development of our products.
Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite. Ratio of time working onsite will be determined in partnership with your leader.
Remote: Employees who are working in Remote roles will work primarily offsite (from home). An employee may be expected to travel to the site location as needed.
Regardless of your role type, collaboration and innovation are critical to our business and all employees will have access to digital tools so they can work with colleagues around the world – and access to Collins sites when their work requires in-person meetings.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.