Business Development Manager – Hybrid or Remote
Collins Aerospace, a unit of Raytheon Technologies, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defence industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together UTC Aerospace Systems and Rockwell Collins, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive
portfolio, and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter,
safer, and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
Mission Systems is a strategic business unit of Collins Aerospace specialising in the supply of mission-critical systems enabling military, government, and civil customers to complete their most complex missions safely and successfully.
Reporting to the Director of Business Development, FVEYs & the Americas, we
are looking to hire an experienced Business Development Manager based in Canada, focused on leading the pursuit order capture of large, strategic programmes in Canada working with our existing team.
The Business Development Manager will interface with external and internal stakeholders and be responsible for leading the successful Pursuit Order Capture of large, complex, and strategically important system integration and product delivery programmes. This critical role includes understanding, influencing, and shaping customer requirements, developing recommended win strategies, and collaborating with the Value Stream Leader, Engineering, and other functions to execute the pursuit order capture process to contract award. Specific responsibilities include:
- Accountability for annual and 5-year orders forecast for the agreed strategic pursuit(s)
- Execution of the Pursuit Order Capture (POC) process leading to award including development of competitive assessment, Price to Win and comprehensive Win Strategies
- Working with colleagues in Canada, to build and expand relationships and customer affinity across key stakeholders and decision makers in Government, end-users and potential channel intermediaries such as OEMs, Primes and System Integrators.
- Anticipation and analysis of competitors’ strategy and development of counter strategies.
- Conduct customer needs assessment, develop and execute key relationship and influencing plans.
- Support the Business Development team to grow the new business prospect pipeline
- Working with colleagues to formulate solutions to grow Mission Systems business in Canada.
- Support of the 5-year strategic and financial planning process
- Working collaboratively with key stakeholders in the U.S., the UK and Australia.
- Creation and maintenance of a network of customer contacts
- Support the FVEYs marketing efforts with analysis and assessments using standard company tools and techniques available
- Demonstration of the following behaviors: customer focus, effective communication, a competitive nature, critical thinking, confident decision making, collaborative team working, sense of urgency, persistence, and courage of conviction.
- Bachelor’s degree and significant prior relevant experience OR
- Advanced Degree in a related field and prior relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, significant and demonstrable relevant experience is required
- Extensive knowledge and experience of the military market environment in Canada. Must have knowledge of Canada Defence budget, programs and requirements development, acquisition and in-service support process, with a demonstrated ability to match the customer’s requirements with relevant solutions (system integration, product and sustainment)
- Strong network within Canadian OEMs/Prime integrators in the Defense market and Armed Forces (Army and/or Joint in particular) and government entities (including DND, PSPC, ISED ).
- Proven track record in pursuing and winning significant and complex Defence programmes
- Must be a Canadian citizen
- Must either hold or be eligible for a Government of Canada Secret Level Security Clearance and Controlled Goods Access
- Knowledge of and experience in Communications and Networking), C4ISR, and in Multi/Pan-Domain, Connected Battlespace operations
- Strategic thinking and leadership skills
- Strong communication skills, demonstrated ability to solve customer problems and to be a customer advocate
- Passion for winning new competitive business
- Ability to regularly travel in Canada and occasionally Internationally
- Master’s degree, MBA or other relevant post-graduate degree
- Experience in and knowledge of program management, marketing, strategy
- Military operations or government procurement background/experience
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Competitive compensation package
- Pension plan
- Medical benefits
- Flexible working environment
- Employee scholar program
Collins Aerospace is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates during all aspects of the selection process.
Please consider the following role type definitions as you apply for this role:
Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite. Ratio of time working onsite will be determined in partnership with your leader.
Remote: Employees who are working in Remote roles will work primarily offsite (from home). An employee may be expected to travel to the site location as needed.
Regardless of your role type, collaboration and innovation are critical to our business and all employees will have access to digital tools so they can work with colleagues around the world – and access to Collins sites when their work requires in-person meetings.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.