Who we are
At Pratt & Whitney, we believe that powered flight has transformed and will continue to transform the world. That’s why we work with an explorer’s heart and a perfercionnist’s grit to design, build, and service world’s most advanced aircraft engines. We do this across a diverse portfolio including Commercial Engines, Military Engines, Business Aviation, General Aviation, Regional Aviation, and Helicopter Aviation and as a way of turning possibilities into realities for our customers. This is how we at Pratt & Whitney approach our work, and this is why we are inspired to go beyond.
What are our expectations?
Pratt & Whitney continues to invest in new engine technology and design for future aircraft installations. With these new strategic programs, we are writing the next chapter engine offerings in multiple markets.
The project engineer will manage complex projects in the PT6A turboprop product family: management of new aircraft installations, product improvements, determination of fundamental root causes of issues experienced in service, definition and implementation of solutions, risk analysis, etc.
What your day to day will look like
- Provide overall project management leadership to a multi-disciplined team for an assigned engine module or system Integrated Product Teams (IPT) to:
- Define and achieve product design requirements.
- Effectively manage the IPT in achieving Program objectives, including requirements from other key stakeholders such as Operations, Customer Support or Marketing.
- Lead design verification, validation, and certification activities for IPT.
- Meet Program schedule and budget commitment.
- Assist Program Director/Managers as required.
The tools you need to be successful
- Bachelor’s degree with 6 to 10 years’ experience
- Master’s degree with 4 to 7 years’ experience
- Field of studies: Aeronautics, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Relevant experience in gas turbines
- Adequate computer skills (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc)
- Occasional business trips
What we offer
Long-term deferred compensation programs
Daycare for young children
Advancement programs to enhance education skills
Flexible work schedules
Leadership and training programs
Comprehensive benefits, savings and pension plans
Financial support for parental leave
Reward programs for outstanding work
Diversity and inclusion
The masculine pronoun is used without discrimination and solely for the purpose of making the text easier to read. P&WC is an equal opportunities employer, seeking to promote diversity and inclusion. We will consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, nationality, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.