Collins Aerospace is currently looking for a Materials Manager for its Airbus A220 nacelle podding site in Mirabel Quebec. The Materials Manager will be responsible for overseeing the entire Materials Management activities of the site ensuring that all SIOP, production control, PFEP and delivery assurance targets are met.
- Participates in the development and execution of inventory plans in support of policy deployment goals and initiatives for the organization.
- Influences and communicates Materials and Inventory decisions across multiple levels of the organization, including other Collins internal sites
- Manages resources to ensure support of task/projects/activities, with flexibility to determine how assignments are completed (e.g., objectives and approaches to completing work).
- Develops inventory plans in alignment with program and financial targets with a focus on Excess and Obsolete inventory reduction
- Ensures the adherence of WIP to SWIP targets at the Mirabel site.
- Drives maturity of plan for every part fundamentals in an effort to optimize just in time inventory and robust material presentation
- Manages team of logistics and production control employees, including the responsibility for creating employee development opportunities in the materials function
- Responsible for site SIOP planning, including the preparation and presentation of the site SIOP deck to Materials and senior leadership
- Implement and drive robust delivery assurance processes using advanced digital technology tools/dashboards
- Works with Supply Chain Management to ensure internal and external suppliers to ensure adherence to 100% OTD in alignment with the master schedule
- Responsible for identifying and implementing differentiating technology to improve efficiency in the materials function
- Leads the implementation of SAP projects and best practices in alignment with corporate initiatives
- Partners with Program Materials, contracts and the customer to develop a robust site storage strategy including concepts such as FSL’s, 3PL’s and pull systems
- Leads kaizen/Continuous improvement events in an effort to drive waste out of process and build robust standard work/processes
- Drives employee engagement, positive culture, and executes strategic workforce planning initiatives.
- Fosters a culture of empowerment, inclusiveness, and open communication within the team.
- Conducts employee performance evaluations and leads rewards and recognition initiatives.
- Resolves employee grievances and addresses labor relation matters as they arise.
- Participates in projects/transformations that cut across organizational, functional, and internal boundaries.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of prior relevant experience in business, logistics, inventory management, material and inventory planning in a manufacturing environment (aerospace or automotive industry preferred) OR
- Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 5 years’ experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 12 years of relevant experience is required
- Knowledge of manufacturing process and supply chain management.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Bilingual (French and English written and spoken).
- Excellent knowledge of MS office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Advanced SAP skills is a must
- Intermediary knowledge and experience of Lean/ Continuous Improvement tools and methodologies.
This position involves communicating, both verbally and in writing, with other Collins Aerospace technical and quality compliance teams located in the United States and with our sole customer and partner located in the United States. Based on an evaluation, we have determined that the duties of the Program Quality Engineer’ s position requires knowledge of English (written and spoken). We also determined that the English language skills already required of other employees do not permit the performance of English language skills tasks related to the Program Quality Engineer’s position due to its highly technical nature.
However, in Québec, Collins Aerospace limits as much as possible the number of positions for which it requires the knowledge of another language than French. Collins Aerospace solely requires proficiency in English where it is necessary for the performance of an employee’s duties.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The high quality products we design, test and produce in our Mechanical Systems help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely – every day! From landing systems and actuation to propellers, flight controls and hoist and winch – the products we manufacture work together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.