Cloud & Automation Engineer (Remote)
As a Collins Cloud & Automation Engineer, you’ll be a key contributor to our digital transformation by designing and managing the cloud platform for our digital product portfolio. Our portfolio includes innovative solutions in customer experience, intelligent aircraft and Industry 4.0, based on the latest cloud, IoT and data analytic technologies.
You will work closely with Application teams, Architects and RTX Cloud Ops to automate and scale cloud services compliant to RTX policy. You will work with and integrate technologies including IaaS, PaaS, SaaS and cloud management and automation tools in support of Collins and RTX digital strategies. You’ll be tightly integrated with digital product teams to execute a full DevOps deployment model.
- Using Ansible and Ansible Tower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications, and proactively manages change.
- Collaborate with business leadership to develop IT requirements and develop and execute the IT cloud strategy
- Define architecture considerations to include scalability, availability, security and performance ensuring compliance with all relevant requirements (IT, GT, legal)
- Support and facilitate the adoption and expansion of cloud technologies, providing most appropriate cloud architecture per customer/application requirements
- Design and create implementation plan for cloud containers
- Assist with business case development and execution for cloud initiatives
- Coordinate with the application teams the timely migration of applications and systems from traditional hosting to the RTX cloud environment
- Keep up to date with changes to service offerings, technical capabilities and regulatory changes and align IT services appropriately
- Implement and run operational governance mechanisms to ensure performance issues are understood and appropriate solutions are implemented
- Design, execute, and report on continuous improvement plans
- Work with global IT Infrastructure teams on global initiatives
- Cultivate and maintain critical relationships with business, vendors, and enterprise partners
- Liaise with outsource partners to ensure performance exceeds contractual SLAs
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or Computer Science with 7-10 years of experience required
- A minimum of 7 years of professional experience as a Software/Systems/Virtualization Engineer or Solution Architect required
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with designing software or hardware systems running in a virtualized environment required
- Technical Breadth: Quickly learn, understand, and articulate various technologies available to solve business problems; demonstrate a wide variety of technical solutions
- Strong knowledge of the Azure or AWS platform and associated technologies
- Experience with advanced IT technologies: Cloud computing (Private/Public/Hybrid), virtualization, storage platforms, containers, software defined networks, Linux & Microsoft platform technologies and orchestration tools such as Ansible / Puppet / Chef
- Must be authorized to work in Mexico. without sponsorship now or in the future. Collins Aerospace will not offer sponsorship for this position outside Mexico Region.
- Project Execution and Control: Effectively define and execute the timely delivery of projects that yield excellent results. Quickly adapt to changing business priorities and requirements
- Well-rounded skillset capable of spanning business and technical disciplines and be comfortable working with application owners and partners to design and implement cloud solutions
- Data Center and Cloud computing transition experience
- Proven Project and Program Management expertise
- Ability to successfully employ systematic problem-solving techniques for root cause analysis and improvement efforts
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Able to exercise leadership effectively for virtual teams without having a direct line authority of team members
- Experience managing 3rd party technology partners and vendor relationships
- High energy, passion for customer service and attention to detail
- Exposure to continuous improvement methodology, LEAN, ITIL Foundation or other quality certification
- Experience in highly regulated environments
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be part of a new, exciting initiative to combine foundational IT with new digital technologies? Our Digital Technology team is driving business efficiencies and a better customer experience by connecting technologies, people, information and processes. From making aircraft more electric, intelligent and integrated to building new software platforms such as Internet of Things, big data, artificial intelligence, and blockchain, there’s no better place to be right now than in digital. If you’re an agile thinker who enjoys utilizing modern technology to make big improvements, then you’re a perfect fit for this team. Join Collins Aerospace to help us revolutionize the aerospace industry today!
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other — propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.