Raytheon Technologies Intelligence Space’s Field Engineering team is currently seeking an AEGIS SPY-1D(V) Transmitter Fire Control System Technician with technical, hands-on experience to support the Aegis Program.
In this role you will provide technical support to the Sejong the Great Class destroyers (Batch-I, DDGs 991, 992 and 993) of the Republic of Korea Navy (RoKN). As a dedicated technician providing support on all areas related to the SPY-1D(V) Transmitter, you will be stationed in a port city in South Korea with an onsite US Test Team.
You will assist with installation, integration, testing, operating, maintaining, and the repair and modification of the complex radar systems (SPY-1D(V)) and the MK 99 Fire Control System (FCS) in support of the delivery of new construction warships to the ROK Navy as well supporting the Aegis Fleet.
- Position Location – (Republic of) Korea, providing in country support for batch one KDX III shipsets supporting the onsite US Test Team.
- Long-Term International Assignment
- In-Country Support starts November 1, 2022.
- Maintain, align, troubleshoot, and repair SPY-1D(V), MMSP Transmitter Equipment and Fire Control Systems (FCS) on board ROK Navy Aegis class Destroyer, KDX-III ships, fitted with the SPY-1D(V) radar and the Aegis combat systems.
- Utilizing state of- the-art test equipment and operational readiness test systems.
- Participate in the installation and planning phase of shipboard equipment.
- Analyze equipment failures to resolve root cause to then recommend and implement corrective action.
- Perform ordnance alterations (ORDALT) and change incorporation notices (CIN) to the radar.
- Perform intricate backplane and chassis wiring modifications as well as mechanical modifications to all FCS SPY hardware.
- Prepare and submit reports of equipment discrepancies and possible solutions.
- Provide guidance and training to ROK Navy technicians on all facets of the SPY radar and MK99 FCS.
- Devise and implement preventive maintenance programs and regularly keep performance and maintenance records on equipment.
- Accept temporary assignments that require at sea support on board ROK Navy ships in support of Aegis Systems.
- Travel to Naval shipyards to support installations and technical assists CONUS and OCONUS.
Experience and Skills:
- Experience working with the Aegis Weapon System, on board US Navy Aegis Class destroyers (DDG-91 through DDG-112).
- Prior experience supporting installations and projects.
- Aegis “C” School on Aegis SPY-1D (V) Transmitters.
- Aegis “C” School on Aegis FCS Transmitters DCC MK15.
- Working knowledge of electronics, resources, and test equipment.
- Working knowledge of radar coolant systems and repair of same.
- Working knowledge of and experience working around high voltage.
- Complete understanding and application of Radar concepts.
- Full knowledge of industry practices.
- Technical writing skills to maintain Aegis documentation, provide feedback reports to Quality Assurance, and provide solutions to a variety of complex problems.
- Formal training in Basic Electronics Electricity (RF, Digital, and Analog), thorough state electronics and Microwave philosophy.
- Working knowledge of ORTS (Operational Readiness Test System).
- Able to interpret electrical mechanical schematics.
- General knowledge of basic RF Cable construction and repair of same.
- Basic knowledge of electrical multi-pin connectors and the repair of same.
- Should possess excellent verbal communications skills and know how to orchestrate job tasks between multiple group organizations.
- Ability to take charge and work with minimum supervision.
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Experience specifically with Aegis (SPY-1D(V) and the MK 99 Fire Control System (FCS).
- Personal Computer knowledge with extensive experience in word processing and spreadsheet creation.
- Knowledge of electronics, RF processes and calculations, digital and analog processes, and the ability to troubleshoot these areas.
- Experience working on SPY Transmitter variants and FCS Transmitters.
- Wire wrap and soldering skills, general hand instrument use and electrical instrument uses.
- Prior experience working overseas on international assignments.
- Able to communicate with peers, higher-ups, and customers in a positive manner.
- Possess technical writing skills to generate weekly status reports to Program.
U.S. Citizenship required, as the applicant must have an Active U.S. DoD Secret Security Clearance, day one of employment.
Typically requires a University Degree and a minimum of 6 years prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
Employment is contingent upon meeting all medical requirements for overseas assignment including comprehensive post-offer medical examination.
Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the Referral Awarding.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.