We are defining the future of aerospace and defense with ambitious technologies that push the limits of known science.
The Calibration Technician provides Calibration and Repair capability in support of all electronic test measurement and diagnostic equipment for the UAE Air Force Air Defense Calibration Lab. Provides training to laboratory and site personnel on new equipment, as required. Calibrates and/or repairs all electronic test measurement and diagnostic equipment supported by the calibration laboratory. Assists in the development of new procedures and methods of performing calibration on new equipment utilizing the numerous standards available in the Calibration Facility. Performs precision calibration of state of the art electronic equipment as required. Develops test jigs, fixtures and special test setups for calibration of newly acquired or special purpose equipment when required. Ensures all calibration paperwork is compliant, receives and distributes calibration items and follows up on due outs. Provides on-the-job training (OJT) for technicians in electronic theory, the use of electronic standards and their application to equipment calibration. Required to make site visits for training, evaluation and technical assistance as needed. Assists the calibration lead in enforcing safety policies, procedures, and standards. Performs other related duties as required or directed by the calibration lead.
- Must have a strong background in all fields and disciplines of calibration and Metrology.
- Must have in-depth, detailed knowledge of the metrology, mathematics, and applicable technical disciplines required to perform the described duties. Such as: Measurement Bridge systems.
- Must be able to create measurement uncertainty budgets for high level standards, and prepare Calibration certificates.
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Power Point and especially Excel.
- Must be proficient in reading electrical schematics.
- Must have a clear understanding of analytical troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of RF Microwave is a must.
- Must have initiative to start and follow jobs through to completion.
- Demonstrated ten (10) years of experience in calibration of electronic/mechanical equipment.
- Must be able to work in extreme heat environments and lift 50lbs
Must know how to use the following software as well as troubleshoot any related software issues.
- Fluke MetCal, Metrack,
- Ruska Win Prompt,
- Tegam PSCal,
- Northrup Grumman SureCal,
- NI Lab View,
- Data Proof Volt Ref Win,
- Measurement International Bridge software.
- Middle East customer experience
- Demonstrated ten (12) years of experience in calibration of electronic equipment
- Demonstrated experience providing OJT to a foreign customer
- Knowledge developing test jigs and fixtures
- Knowledge developing special test setups for calibration of new or special purpose equipment
- Must have had work experience in a US Air Force or US Army Primary lab, or Secondary lab.
- Ability to research procedures and processes from the AFCAV and TB 43-180
- Must have a current US DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- Bachelors Degree with 4 years of related experience, or Associates Degree with 8 years experience or HS Diploma/GED with 12 years of related experience.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence & Space
Job ID 164684BR