Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon is recruiting a Senior SOC Analyst to work within their (virtual) Security Operations Centre, which continues to grow both in terms of personnel and capability. Reporting to the Lead SOC Analyst, you will respond to and investigate security alerts, ensure Indicators of Compromise (IOCs) are maintained, liaise with internal resolver groups and external customers in support of security investigations and contribute to the development of analysis playbooks and tradecraft by refining internal processes and procedures.
You will act as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) of various SOC tools, be proficient with the NIST four step incident response model (e.g. preparation, detection/analysis, containment/eradication and recovery) and assist in the creation of metrics that inform the senior leadership team of security events and incidents.
Summary of Role:
- Responsible for conducting in-depth triage and investigation of security queries, events and potential incidents.
- Responsible for interrogating Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tool for threats, vulnerabilities and IOC’s.
- Responsible for responding to suspected and confirmed security incidents, investigating these to conclusion with the available tools and resources, while taking appropriate actions to minimise the impact.
- Responsible for conducting limited malware analysis through the use of malware sandbox tools..
- Support the Lead SOC analyst in implementing improvements to the current SOC processes and playbook.
- Support the development of other SOC analysts, and act as a point of escalation during incident investigations.
- Support the Lead SOC analyst and Head of Information Assurance and Security Compliance to improve incident reporting metrics.
- Promote a holistic view of security by supporting other resolver groups (technical and non-technical) allowing the business to operate with confidence.
- Promote the improvement of current tools in use by the SOC by proposing new content development, configuration enhancements, and identifying any deficiencies.
- Demonstrable passion for the subject with a desire for personal professional development.
- Experience working in a Security Operations Centre, ideally with prior experience at a senior analyst level
- Professional intrusion detection/analysis certification (e.g. GIAC GCFA, GCIA, Crest CRIA, CCHIA).
- Demonstrable experience in the use of SIEM, endpoint analysis, and network analysis tools.
- In-depth knowledge of common network protocols, Microsoft and LINUX based operating systems.
- Knowledge of the diamond intrusion analysis model, MITRE ATT&CK framework and NIST 800-61.
- Strong communication (i.e. oral, presentational, technical and written skills).
Relocation eligible Yes
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester with presence across other customer sites also. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business
About Raytheon Technologies
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements). Flexible working arrangements can be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval.
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold) available.
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women’s Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA) and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion counsel, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists,
Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant ‘Gold Award’ Employee Recognition.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.