RAYTHEON: ONE GLOBAL TEAM CREATING TRUSTED, INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS TO MAKE THE WORLD A SAFER PLACE.
Summary of Role:
The Senior Mechanical Designer will be responsible for the mechanical integration of mission equipment onto special mission aircraft. Senior Designer with the ability to take on challenging problems, direct a team of designers and have the ability to work with all layers within the company.
Working within the full life cycle of the products from initial scheming to in-service issues, to deliver on complex projects simultaneously to the highest quality. Directly reporting to the Drawing Office Manager.
- Experience within an aerospace environment on Creo/Catia/SolidWorks/AutoCAD/or other CAD packages.
- Excellent Solid modelling and design maturation of sub-system components.
- Creation and modification of engineering drawings
- Technical support in design and management of work packages from concept to release.
- HNC in Aerospace or Mechanical design with aerospace experience or alternatively a highly regulated/safety critical industry
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to show your own initiative.
- Good problem solving abilities. Ability to view a problem from many viewpoints
- Excellent team working skills, ability to take a proactive approach to challenging problems.
- Attention to detail, detail-orientated, efficient and perform self-verification of own work and of others.
- Customer focus, proven time management and the adherence to deadlines.
- Ability to gather and collate information and act upon the data
- Ability to work under own initiative, to take the lead of your own requirements within the project.
- Understanding of Stress requirements.
- Manufacturing knowledge/experience, fabrication, machining, composites
- Previous checking experience
- Experience in Model Based Design
Eligible for or Holder of current SC security clearance (RSL will sponsor as required).
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester with presence across other customer sites also. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence.
Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday/9 day fortnight (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements).
- Flexible working arrangements can be considered wherever we can (depending on the role) so please enquire or highlight any request to our Recruitment team to explore flexible working possibilities.
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women’s Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA) and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion council, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists,
Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant ‘Gold Award’ Employee Recognition.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers.