We are defining the future of aerospace and defense with ambitious technologies that push the limits of known science.
We are searching for an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual to join us as a Systems Engineer to support the design, development, verification & validation, and operational support of the United States Space Suit and Extra Vehicular Activity (EVA) equipment in Windsor Locks, CT.
- Real time mission support during extra vehicular activities (EVAs)
- Analyzing legacy hardware anomalies / life extensions / re-certifications / waivers, and development of new designs, redesign & upgrade hardware both for the current and future space suits
- Systems engineering involves performing system development trade studies and optimization, development of concepts of operations, developing product requirements at the system/component level for mechanical/electrical/software, thermal/fluid/chemical system modeling, steady state & transient performance analyses, as well as component sizing
- Hands-on hardware development testing in both a traditional product development framework as well as a rapid, agile environment may also be required
- Experience supporting operational space flight hardware is highly desirable
- Skills in DOORS & DXL, Matlab/Simulink/Simscape, Excel & VBA, Labview, Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), SysML, MagicDraw & Cameo Modeler also desired
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and 7 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree from an accredited institution and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required
- Ability to work well both independently and within an integrated product development (IPD) team environment
- Ability to lead a small team of technical associates
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent writing & math skills
- Must be a US Person
- Team leadership experience
- Experience performing thermal/fluid/chemical analyses
- Experience on hardware development program: proposal/development/manufacture/verification/operational support
- Experience performing system development/integration/architecting
- Relevant component hardware experience: heat exchangers, pumps/fans/separators/motors/motor controllers, chemical beds, sensors, valves, accumulators
- Relevant system experience: thermal control systems, air revitalization systems (CO2/H2O/trace contaminant removal), pressure control systems, potable water systems, or other equivalent systems
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Ability to buy an additional week of vacation
- Employee scholar program
- Funding of courses for pursuing approved certifications
- Annual Merit and performance review
- Numerous paths for advancement – both within team you join and outside
- UTFlex program consideration
- Primary CareTake leave
- Parental Leave
- And More!!
At this time, Collins Aerospace will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other — propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.