Flying faster. Going further. Making giant leaps in understanding.
Reaction Engines is looking for a Commercial Manager to support the commercialisation of our patented heat exchanger technology across a range of market sectors. Working in a fast paced environment, the Commercial Manager will need to manage a variety of contracts and bids to ensure Reaction Engines achieves its company objectives.
Using your experience of negotiating and managing commercial agreements, you’ll contribute to the successful growth of the business and work with all lines of business to secure profitable new business, whilst protecting the company from risk, and determine the most effective commercial solutions for our exciting market opportunities.
This role attracts a competitive salary and excellent company benefits including 30 days annual leave plus public holidays, employer matching company pension scheme, life assurance and a contribution towards onsite nursery childcare for children under 3 years of age.
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and manage documentation for competitive tenders (including PQQs, EoIs, ITTs and RFQs) to win new business
- Draft and negotiate contracts to successful conclusion
- Post contract management including change control, risk review and closure
- Contribute to the development of commercial functional policies, processes and procedures to ensure continuous improvement
- Lead commercial negotiations with responsibility to develop and maintain effective working relationships with customers and project stakeholders
- Prepare, negotiate, execute, interpret and administer legally binding contractual agreements of a complex nature
- Implement and maintain effective commercial governance and risk mitigation through internal processes to protect the company interests
- Manage contract changes, including ability to handle claims and conflict resolution
- Combine experience, intuition and strategic thinking to make considered commercial judgements including an assessment of the overall impact on the business and people
- Liaise with key stakeholders and customers during the preparation of bids to ensure agile response to enquiries
- Summarise key contract Terms and Conditions, including risk and reward for presentation to broader audiences including the executive management team
- Experience of managing the commercial elements of complex and challenging projects through the full development lifecycle.
- Proven relevant experience gained in a technology led organisation such as the aerospace, automotive or manufacturing sector
- Experience of managing licencing agreements and drafting intellectual property arrangements
- Experience of working across boundaries, including legal, technical and finance disciplines
- Knowledge of UK and US Export Controls
- Knowledge of Public Procurement regulations
- Experience of negotiating and/or contract managing service delivery contracts
- Experience of working in a fast paced, technology driven organisation
- Knowledge of Ministry of Defence contracting and Terms and Condition
- Educated to degree level (Business/Contract Law) and have relevant industry experience.
Skills and Behaviours
- Commercial acumen
- Strong management and organisational skills
- Excellent knowledge of the industry
- Decisiveness and mercantile shrewdness
- Good numeracy skills
- Good attention to detail
- The ability to multitask
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong financial analytical experience
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate behaviours consistent with Reaction Engines’ core values:
Please send your Curriculum Vitae and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference “011/2020- Commercial Manager”.